Charging - removable batteries?

Bdoth

Sep 19, 2021
Grantham
Hi,
Fairly new to all this. Looking at a few bike options but one of my must have is the ability to charge the battery separately from the bike as I can’t get power to where my bike is stored and I don’t think the wife will be happy with a bike in the house just yet.
Anyone point me in the right direction? I was looking at a trek Rail? But couldn’t see if you could charge the battery separately.

many help appreciated. Thanks!

TPEHAK

Nov 23, 2020
USA Seattle WA
There are only very few bicycles where you can not charge the battery separately or do not have battery quick release feature. So just find the bicycle you like the most and check youtube reviews if the battery in removable and can be charged separately.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Yes, the Rail is set up the same as any bike with a removable battery. Charge port on the frame for on-bike charging, and the same plug on the battery for charging the battery off the bike.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I have the Trek Rail and it’s very easy to remove the battery (just turn a key), then you can charge the battery with the same cord/plug. 95% of the time I leave the battery in and use the power port on the lower seat post. I’m a rocket surgeon so it’s fairly easy for me. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles