Ceramic Wax Chain Lube

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Last weekend I bought some Finish Line Ceramic Wax Chain Lube from a trail centre cafe as I needed some lube and that’s all they had

The lube doesn’t just drop & flow out of the bottle such as Muck Off or Peaty’s, it basically ‘ejaculates’ all over my chain, bike frame, wheels, tyres, no matter how carefully I squeeze the bottle. It leaves a right a mess, my bike looks like it’s been the centre of attention at some dogging fest in the woods

So, question. What’s the correct way to apply this lube ? I was going to use a cloth or a toothbrush and wipe / scrub it onto the chain, but thought this can’t be right

I’ve used the search function but only found someone cooking up a wax formula in a slow cooker and ultrasonically cleaning their chain ?

Ta

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
.............................it basically ‘ejaculates’ all over my chain, bike frame, wheels, tyres, no matter how carefully I squeeze the bottle. It leaves a right a mess, my bike looks like it’s been the centre of attention at some dogging fest in the woods.........
A very vivid description, as though you can clearly recall it to mind. :ROFLMAO:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
poke the hole until it gets bigger.

Poked the hole, the lube now flows! Sometimes the most simplest of answers are the answers we are looking for. I feel daft now! I was thinking that the ceramic wax lube was much thicker than usual lube and had to be applied differently. No, it was simply the hole was blocked. Doh! Thanks

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
How have you found the lube? I’ve got some on order.

i hot waxed a chain for first time and had terrible drivetrain problems since, so was going to try this on top of the wax to see if it makes things a bit smoother

golfatha

Jan 17, 2023
Northumberland
Hi I’ve used finish line ceramic wax fora while now and yes sometimes the hole has to be freed as when this liquid wax hits the atmosphere it hardens pretty quick especially if ur in a cold garage or outside,sometimes I squirt one into a small top of anther bottle and paint it with a small artist brush onto the rollers both sides, drivetrain runs silently with this wax

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles