Nyon
2.6 - 2.9 schwalbes
sensor wire hidden
XT Cassette

p6pb16411780.jpg

Elsketcho

Jun 13, 2020
Bettsyw7nw10
I test rode an SE but didn’t like the steering lock caused by the fork stantions. I could see that at some point on tight twisty trails it’d become a hindrance with the limited turning circle.
I ended up getting a Moterra 2 which I love. It’s a go anywhere bike.
First proper ride on the Mottera I managed to have a pedal strike that bent a crank arm so replaced them with shorter Hope ones. I’ve considered mulleting the bike but was concerned the bottom bracket would be too low and increase the problem of pedal strikes that the hope cranks sorted.

Sharpy200

Nov 12, 2020
Lake District, Cumbria
I have a Moterra SE and have done a few bits to it so far. Hope 27.5 rims with 2.6 tyres, Firmware changed to match. Magura MDR-P 220mm discs all round. Burgtec 38mm riser bars with Burgtec Direct Mount Stem. 32 tooth Chainring (first test with this and the brake discs tomorrow.

Techno

Oct 18, 2020
dartford
I have a Moterra SE and have done a few bits to it so far. Hope 27.5 rims with 2.6 tyres, Firmware changed to match. Magura MDR-P 220mm discs all round. Burgtec 38mm riser bars with Burgtec Direct Mount Stem. 32 tooth Chainring (first test with this and the brake discs tomorrow.
Why did you make the front chainring 2t smaller? ta

Davemtb

Jul 12, 2020
Australia
Hi everyone ! I want to find other people that have and ride a moterra from cannondale to talk about upgrade , change and other stuff !!
I have a Cannondale moterra SE with dual crown !
Anyone have tried to mullet the moterra ?
Anyone with Moterra SE find good the superdeluxe select ?
Moterra 3 with a bit of bling. Fully sic bike ?? I bought the base model because they all share the same frame, considerably cheaper, I prefer a lighter 500whr battery, and I had the Fox 36’s from my previous emtb. Absolutely love it, top quality, use it to commute and shred, 200km week. It can handle anything, the only limitation is me !?

6EB0DCE3-D2F0-4082-952F-36AC2DD9EA17.jpeg

JimB

Jul 19, 2019
Basingstoke
I have the monterra Neo 3. I’m looking to put a bigger chainring on to increase it from 34 T to 36 or 38T. Has anyone gone up a size or two. The rear frame is close and a bigger chain ring might rub. Also the spider is already off set to clear it with the 34T, has anyone added a spacer to off set the spider a bit more?

Techno

Oct 18, 2020
dartford
I think "Hope" sell some chainrings , i glanced over them the other day.It doesnt give much room for expansion on the cannondale, i noted this.
Theyre probably generic bosch gen 4 .Maybe ask for a try before buy. It does state a custom offset. i noted that too.

JimB

Jul 19, 2019
Basingstoke
Thanks, I fitted Decas 36T to then BCD that came with the bike. The BCD is an AI special off set Cannondale designed for the chain line to the rear cassette aligned, as the rear wheel has a larger hub. I think 36T is the biggest that will fit.

Grace_uz

Feb 6, 2021
Tasmania
Test rode a Neo 3 today, nice bike. Does anyone know how much they actually weight though? can't find a reliable figure online!

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
I have a Moterra 3+
So far
I have upgraded rear mech from SX to NX
Have put Rock Shox Meg Neg on rear suspension
Next week I am putting a pair of Zeb ultimate forks on so looking forward to that

I like the idea of Hope wheels too because the 3 is built to a price comes with not as good hub so limits your cassette choice I feel that I could do with a small er cog on the rear cassette

Techno

Oct 18, 2020
dartford
Anybody have trouble with the gear selection? I find I have to hold the gear selector over until the gear takes going up the cassette and then I can let go of it. Going down the cassette it also seems to take an age to settle. It’s always done it from new. I wonder if the tortuous route of the gear chain cable causes this ?

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Does not sound right I find when I changed my SX to GX rear mech it changes up two gears at a time or even three.
I would suggest that some thing is not right. when the shop changed the rear mech the changed cable as well as was a bit sticky bike had only done 300 miles then might be worth getting it checked out

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
I am not sure about going down the gears. I will have to try, won’t be able to do that for a week as I am away at moment , although probably should not do that . I try to back off a bit ,so don’t wear out chain and cassette. I just noticed it more on the up shifts as I am sure it did not do it before rear mech was changed.

Mantis801

Sep 27, 2021
Utah
Rode a Moterra for the first time a year ago and was so hooked that I bought the 2020 Moterra 1 29er. Magura brakes, 220 rotors (maybe 200), X01 derailleur and GX shifter. Fox 36 and DPX2 with Kashima. It rides great. I think I could have built my own for cheaper and been just as satisfied but I was too excited. I don't see many of them around!
I'm looking to swap out the suspension for a Zeb fork and MRP coil. Running that setup on my acoustic bike and it's a dream...

IMG-0200.jpg

Zaskar20

Aug 17, 2021
UK
Not Moterra, but I have changed a few items on the Habit.
The main items being Fox 38 Float Factory and Fox DHX2 rear shock.
The rear shock has 5mm MORE stroke than the standard shock that I took off. I did measure that this would be ok beforehand. This is giving around 160mm travel.
The fork is a 180mm travel, but due to the weight of the bike, is giving around 170mm realistically.
I'm about to replace the chainring with the Hope eBike chainring.
b.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles