Bullit S kit owners pls help

Stekaczek

Aug 5, 2022
Warsaw
Hi

Bullit S kit owners please share you experience with this kit. Never went down below X01 kit and have some doubts if S kit is good enough for such heavy bike.

Thx

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
The gx sram stuff has worked fine for me so far and is a lot cheaper to replace than xxx0123 stuff. I've already smashed the shit out of 2 derailleurs so its not worth it for me to buy expensive units especially since I'm not gonna notice a few grams here and there on a full power ebike.

The wheels are holding up fine.

The brakes were shit as all sram brakes are.

The grips are thin junky things.

The stem is too long.

The rock shox rear air shock leaked oil from day one which is a little annoying.

The headset has cheap caged ball-bearings masquerading as sealed bearings.

The dropper was okay, the dropper lever was meh.

The sc carbon bar was okay.

Its funny, but some of the only original parts left on the bike are the drivetrain parts you're concerned about.

Hope this helps.

D

Stekaczek

Aug 5, 2022
Warsaw
The gx sram stuff has worked fine for me so far and is a lot cheaper to replace than xxx0123 stuff. I've already smashed the shit out of 2 derailleurs so its not worth it for me to buy expensive units especially since I'm not gonna notice a few grams here and there on a full power ebike.

The wheels are holding up fine.

The brakes were shit as all sram brakes are.

The grips are thin junky things.

The stem is too long.

The rock shox rear air shock leaked oil from day one which is a little annoying.

The headset has cheap caged ball-bearings masquerading as sealed bearings.

The dropper was okay, the dropper lever was meh.

The sc carbon bar was okay.

Its funny, but some of the only original parts left on the bike are the drivetrain parts you're concerned about.

Hope this helps.

D
Thx a lot for feedback. Really helpfull.

Fully agree with sram brakes. I changed to xt on my analogue bike and diffetence is remarkable.

What about fork?

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
I went with a Zeb ultimate in 180, might try the 23' model this summer.

My whole build is on here

D

Scford

Feb 10, 2021
Santa Cruz
I have no complaints with mine, aside from brakes. Code R’s are garbage, immediately swapped them for slx, been performing great. Mine had a Fox transfer on it but it was 150 so I swapped it for a oneup 180 dropper. I have no problem with functionality just wanted a longer dropper. Personally I really like the grip damper on fox, and think the fork is great. In fact I have a grip 2 damper I can swap in but haven’t done it yet because I’m so happy with the grip damper. I swapped the rear to a coil but not because I didn’t like the Rockshox, it was great, I just wanted to go to coil. But I’d have no issue putting the RS back on. The GX has been fine, I prefer shimano stuff but it’s there and I have no complaints with it and it’s functioned without any issues so again no need to change it out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles