Bullit owners, has anyone seen this before ...

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
Decided to do some suspension servicing on my Bullit. when I was going though the bike cleaning and inspecting I notice there were some major scratches and very badly worn marks between the rear triangle and frame. bike has been Ride Wrapped from day 1. All bearings are mint and there is no play what so ever... I don't ever ride this in the winter and there is never been a case of riding the bike in mud and rock for this to wear and scratch like this. bike is always cleaned and takin care off. Only way I noticed it was moving the rear triangle up so I could clean some hard to get spots.. Bike has Maybe 500km on it.. at a total loss on how this would happen. Cheers to anyone who chimes in. Thanks.
IMG_1959.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG
IMG_1961.JPG
Wor

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Yup, rocks/ gravel getting caught between the frame and the swing arm. It’s a problem on all the double triangle bikes like ibis, Pivot, Diamondback, intense ect…. It’s not really a problem with alloy bikes but you riders of plastic tend to pay the price.

pedalered

Nov 8, 2023
Italy
Ho deciso di fare un po' di manutenzione alle sospensioni del mio Bullit. mentre stavo pulendo e ispezionando la bici ho notato che c'erano alcuni grossi graffi e segni molto usurati tra il triangolo posteriore e il telaio. la bici è stata rivestita dal primo giorno. Tutti i cuscinetti sono nuovi e non c'è nessun gioco... Non la uso mai in inverno e non c'è mai stato il caso di guidare la bici nel fango e nella roccia per questo da indossare e graffiare in questo modo. la bici è sempre pulita e attenta. L'unico modo in cui ho notato che stava spostando il triangolo posteriore verso l'alto in modo da poter pulire alcuni punti difficili da ottenere.. La bici ha forse 500 km su di essa.. senza sapere come ciò potrebbe accadere. Saluti a chiunque intervenga. Grazie. View attachment 128914 View attachment 128915 View attachment 128916 Wor
i sassi hanno solo graffiato la vernice o hanno rotto anche la cornice?...dalla foto sembra grave

Last edited:

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
Everyone says rocks... But there is not a single mark, scratch or ding on the bike anywhere else. Bike has low miles and is mint, If the gravel and rocks did this. I would only assume there would be more damage like this also between the frame and triangle further below... also on the bottom of Triangle..I also have a Heckler with more miles on it mostly ridden in Fall and winter riding. Not a single mark or scratch in the same areas between the frame and triangle. all ridden on the same locals trails.. I get, rocks and dirt seems to be the logical explanation.. Would love to see any other bullit owner to look at their bikes and see they have the same damage. If so,This seems to be a design flaw my SC ... Just my two cents.. Thanks to all that responded.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
You ever watch the Van girl Yuka YouTube channel? when she first got her Bronson bike she had a rock get caught between the frame and the rear triangle on a video …. It’s just the nature of the design. The Ripmo gets rocks caught down low in the frame as the DW link rotates through it travel. The leverage ratio on my Kenevo is less than ideal and the standover sucks, there are issues with most bikes out there.

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
You ever watch the Van girl Yuka YouTube channel? when she first got her Bronson bike she had a rock get caught between the frame and the rear triangle on a video …. It’s just the nature of the design. The Ripmo gets rocks caught down low in the frame as the DW link rotates through it travel. The leverage ratio on my Kenevo is less than ideal and the standover sucks, there are issues with most bikes out there.
Interesting .. no I haven't. I will have to look that up. Against makes sense. But I have had a Bronson, Hightower My bullit and Heckler and never had this issue. Guess I just got lucky with my other bikes. Cheers

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
What do you guys think about adding a fender.. keep the rocks from lodging between triangles?
Actually I think it’s a great idea. I was even thinking about making the stick little fender that comes with the Bullit bigger. Still curious if anyone else has the same damage.

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
I have a few marks like that on mine but not as severe. Rocks were definitely the culprit.

Yea I spoke with SC. They said they have seen this before and are aware of it happening. I told them they need a better design or better rear fender for the new one when it comes out. Paid 14k for a bike that gets wrecked riding in the forest Haha

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Mine isn't as bad as yours in that area and I have worse scratches and chips on my seatstays, dropouts and down tube. It all kind of matches now lol. Shit, I panic ejected off the bike 3x in the last 2 rides so there's probably a few I've yet to find.

D

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
Mine isn't as bad as yours in that area and I have worse scratches and chips on my seatstays, dropouts and down tube. It all kind of matches now lol. Shit, I panic ejected off the bike 3x in the last 2 rides so there's probably a few I've yet to find.

D
Nothing like a good old panic eject.. haha been there many of times. Thanks for replying bud.Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles