Broke the handlebar remote, where to buy ?

JayK

Aug 3, 2018
Belgium
Hi, title says it all. I broke the remote, had to ride switching on the frame and managed to shut it down half of the time. :D

Do you know a webshop selling that part in europe (I'm from Belgium) ?

Thanks,

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I have done the same but cannot find one anywhere. Mines a warrenty claim so im hoping Spesh will come through

JayK

Aug 3, 2018
Belgium
For info, I contacted a local dealer and I was surprised to hear that apparently, Specialized is reluctant to sell that part. He told me I had to bring him the bike (or at least give him the serial number) and he would send the broken part for replacement, not sure if it will be changed under warranty or not though.

Pendo

Jun 13, 2018
Australia
Same here in Australia, thankfully Specialized UK understand what service is about.
If its a part failure (not damage from a crash) then it should be covered during the warranty period. Don't take no for an answer, it took me four approaches to have my battery replaced under warranty - if I was in the UK it would have been replaced first time!

JayK

Aug 3, 2018
Belgium
Berkshire answered and Specialized is currently out of stock.
I think I found one in Spain where my dad bought his bike. It should be here in a few days.

I see so many people having trouble with that remote I'll probably buy a spare one.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
specialized uk is replacing mine, apparently coming this week

JayK

Aug 3, 2018
Belgium
As an update, my LBS got mine in a few days. (Tuesday -> Friday)
I paid 72 €.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Spesh replaced mine under warranty phoned them on the Monday got new one in my hand on Thursday, no cost
more proper customer support from Specialized

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles