Specialized Handlebar Remote

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi, I'm having a problem with my 2019 Kenevo Comp handlebar remote. It will only switch up modes i.e. from eco to trail to turbo even when either the minus (-) or plus(+) button is used. I have to use the minus (-) button on the battery itself to get it to change down modes. How can I check if it's the remote itself or the connection to the motor? Thanks in advance.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The remote buttons can only sent one of 2 signals + voltage or - voltage. Your + and- buttons are both sending the same signal.....probably + voltage so I suspect it has a short, possibly due to water ingress. I would try drying it out.

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne
The remote buttons can only sent one of 2 signals + voltage or - voltage. Your + and- buttons are both sending the same signal.....probably + voltage so I suspect it has a short, possibly due to water ingress. I would try drying it out.
Hi Mikerb - when I've looked into this further all the buttons on the remote are working except the minus (-) button. I incorrectly thought it was changing mode. I checked the connection at the motor today and everything looked fine. I also made sure all the connections were clean and dry. (The handlebar unit itself is sealed and I can't see where water could have got in.) I tried testing the electrical continuity between connections to the handlebar switch but pressing the buttons had no effect. Perhaps the handlebar unit needs power to work and is not a simple switch?? There were 4 connections and there are 4 buttons so it's not just a simple supply/return circuit (otherwise there'd be 5 connections) more likely some kind of electronics. Anyway will have to get dealer to check. Cheers Brian

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles