Levo SL Gen 1 Issue with handlebar remote.

Ben_H

Oct 9, 2020
Anyth1ng
Hi all, I am having an issue with the "-" button on my remote. It works but only if I press it really hard at the right angle (unlike all the other buttons). It's been a bit dodgy since I got the bike I think. Is this a warranty job or is there a way to service it? I suspect something isn't lined up quite right but I would rather not go through the PITA of taking the bike in for repair if it's something I can do myself. Bike is 3 months old and a Levo SL Comp (alloy).

Thanks,

Ben

SNEEZE

Sep 15, 2020
LAFAYETTE
Hi all, I am having an issue with the "-" button on my remote. It works but only if I press it really hard at the right angle (unlike all the other buttons). It's been a bit dodgy since I got the bike I think. Is this a warranty job or is there a way to service it? I suspect something isn't lined up quite right but I would rather not go through the PITA of taking the bike in for repair if it's something I can do myself. Bike is 3 months old and a Levo SL Comp (alloy).

Thanks,

Ben
MIne failed within the first month, LBS took 4 weeks to get in the wrong part and then another week to correctly get in the correct part. In the mean time ordered the correct part, it arrived in 3 days, installation took 8-10 mins by me and fixed the issue. I then texted the LBS and asked if we could simply exchange the bad part I removed and swap it with the warranty part they brought in, they agreed and did so. I now have a spare on the shelf. I have come to the understanding that the parts on this bike such as a motor, remote, wires and TCU will fail it is the nature of the beast, so its best to have them on hand if you want to use this bike every day. I run a CNC shop so the rule is if you use it, it will break so have spares.

s194200007.jpg

Ben_H

Oct 9, 2020
Anyth1ng
Thanks mate, I have emailed the bike shop that I bought it from so will see if I can go this route (replace the item myself if it it that straightforward). I appreciate you replying.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles