Brand new merida Eone sixty 700

Banga

Apr 5, 2023
Sydney
Hey everyone. Just recently purchase a merida Eone sixty 700. Super happy with it. Though today I took the battery out for the first time to charge it. And noticed some metal come from the battery release mechanism.
Upon inspection looks to me like maybe at the shop they turned the battery release screw the wrong way. And broke a bit of the tab off that stops you from screwing it the wrong way . Looks like there is 2 tabs 1 on either side. One side broken. You still can’t unscrew it. So the other tab is holding. Should I bother trying to get this fixed? I guess if it’s still holding leave it? They will more than likely try to say I did it etc

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Its not a warranty claim, it was damaged when it got to you and therefore needs fixing. Either that or get a big discount as damaged goods! ;)

Brent8275

May 28, 2021
Auckland
This is a common issue. The bolt needs to be turned clockwise to release the battery. Your initial thought is to unscrew aka anti clockwise. Such a bad design and it's weak as.

Also being upside down, means it's the opposite direction if you are releasing it while standing over the bike... i find it best to stick your head down under the battery and look back up. That way you can be sure to turn it the right way.

Mine was broken too, but i couldn't pin it on the bike shop 100% so they have me the part at cost in the end.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles