Brake upgrade

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
My Hope V4's have moved bikes 3 times and are now on my Decoy, best brakes I've had, not the most powerful, but plenty good and sooooo reliable!
E4s on Nicolai 5 years old never had a problem. I find V4 spot on you must be really motoring if they are not power full enough. Im15 .5 stone and no slouch then again I'm old now haha

Ktm300excjohn

Aug 24, 2019
Edinburgh
Just because i personaly don't know enough about them Google may bring up the actual hope spec , you will probably get all sorts of answers or opinions on here .
Aww cool, you can most likely tell I'm new to this. I was looking at v4's but wasnt sure how I'd mount the shifter and dropper post to them like that are mounted to the guids.?‍♂️

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Aww cool, you can most likely tell I'm new to this. I was looking at v4's but wasnt sure how I'd mount the shifter and dropper post to them like that are mounted to the guids.?‍♂️
Not sure first time I've had dropper post . And never fitted brakes through frame. Manual explains it or utube. Plenty people on here to help.

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
The original stuff on levo's use the sram MatchMaker mounting and clamp system for mounting everything on your bars to the brake clamp on each side.

Shimano has their own version ( I forget the name) and they are not interchangeable from what I know...

Most 3rd party producers like hope make compatible adapters though... like this one:
Hope Tech 3 V4 lever matchmaker

Ktm300excjohn

Aug 24, 2019
Edinburgh
The original stuff on levo's use the sram MatchMaker mounting and clamp system for mounting everything on your bars to the brake clamp on each side.

Shimano has their own version ( I forget the name) and they are not interchangeable from what I know...

Most 3rd party producers like hope make compatible adapters though... like this one:
Hope Tech 3 V4 lever matchmaker
Brilliant just what I'm looking for.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Magura MT7
43530779_2139280919660685_6907851680344178688_o.jpg

Turbo Magura 17.JPG

Turbo Magura 7.JPG

jdizzle

Aug 15, 2019
leicestershire uk
I have just mildly upgraded the Code brakes on my 2019 Expert and they are now incredible. All I did was change the pads for TrickStuff “Power” on the front and Uberbike E-bike “race compound” on the rear. I also added a 220mm Formula rotor on the front (ordered from Lord Gun along with the correct adaptor) and bled them properly. Brake power and feel is amazing and totally different to how they were when I got the bike.

daju

Apr 21, 2019
manchester by the sea, ma
Hope E 4 have been great on my 19 base Levo. Initially, I missed the match maker bracket but now find that ergonomics are much better with more precise angle and spacing of drop and shift levers

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
There should be no problem running the brake hoses internally even if you change brakes. Just get one of those little barb'ed connectors that Sram sell for the reverb kits, install it in the end of your old brake hos and connect your new one to the other side, before you carefully pull the whole thing through.
http://sram reverb barb connector
s-l500.jpg

Hbmtr

May 6, 2019
N.CA. USA
brilliant,

question. are you still able to run the brake lines in the frame for the rear ?
any pictures would be great.
Sorry no pics, but I did change to the Magura brake lines. Was not that hard to change the rear line. But I will admit I do have a lot of experience wrenching on moter cycles and cars. Pretty straight forward.

Ktm300excjohn

Aug 24, 2019
Edinburgh
Sorry no pics, but I did change to the Magura brake lines. Was not that hard to change the rear line. But I will admit I do have a lot of experience wrenching on moter cycles and cars. Pretty straight forward.
Great thanks. Did you run the rear line in the frame?

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I have Level T brakes on my base model FSR. The front is a 4-piston caliper, however I can't find whoch brake pads to use. Any idea which to choose?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles