Levo Gen 2 Hope Brake Upgrade

Nov 19, 2018
Quantocks
I'm going to upgrade the brakes on my 2019 Levo to Hope Tech 3's.
Does anyone know if the Dropper Post lever can attach directly to the brake lever (as it currently does), or do I need to get a seperate bracket?
Any other tips for the conversion?

Cheers

deefa

Aug 21, 2019
uk
Does anyone know if the Dropper Post lever can attach directly to the brake lever (as it currently does), or do I need to get a seperate bracket?

Cheers
search for hope tech 3 shifter mount left or right.

Nov 19, 2018
Quantocks
if its a comp, you will also need to change the post mounts. hope L mount works if sticking to 200mm discs.
I upgraded the stock discs to the Hope Floating Rotors but I now find that the fixing between the inner and outer rotor rubs ever so slightly on the post mount. Have you heard of this before? I either need some form of spacer for the hub or to take a file to the post mount.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I upgraded the stock discs to the Hope Floating Rotors but I now find that the fixing between the inner and outer rotor rubs ever so slightly on the post mount. Have you heard of this before? I either need some form of spacer for the hub or to take a file to the post mount.
Yes, it's a know issue, check this

deefa

Aug 21, 2019
uk
I used hope post mount L front and rear, floating discs 200mm, and v4 tech 3
no issues with rubbing from the disc.
I did have to file the magnet down to fit on hunt hub.
also i put some small washers behind the speed magnet to stop it deforming the rotor.

Nov 19, 2018
Quantocks
I used hope post mount L front and rear, floating discs 200mm, and v4 tech 3
no issues with rubbing from the disc.
I did have to file the magnet down to fit on hunt hub.
also i put some small washers behind the speed magnet to stop it deforming the rotor.
The rubbing rota turned out to be user error (embarrased look).
I also have the same problem with the Hunt Wheels and have resorted to filling down the magnet. It still deforms the disk every so slightly, so I'll try your trick with the washers.
The part of the upgrade that I thought was going to be the hardest, threading the rear brake hose through the frame, ended up being the easiest part.

deefa

Aug 21, 2019
uk
The rubbing rota turned out to be user error (embarrased look).
I also have the same problem with the Hunt Wheels and have resorted to filling down the magnet. It still deforms the disk every so slightly, so I'll try your trick with the washers.
The part of the upgrade that I thought was going to be the hardest, threading the rear brake hose through the frame, ended up being the easiest part.
I was exactly the same. :)

beerglass

Jan 18, 2020
Bristol

Cheers

Hi did you ever get an answer to this ?

I've done the same upgrade and wondering what clamp is required

Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles