Bosch motor/system failing to turn on

Kbaker310

Jun 18, 2023
Pleasant Hill
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2023 Orbea Wild M-team and have ridden it for roughly 20 miles and it’s amazing, complete package of performance/agility along with what I thought was a reliable system. Today on a ride the motor started to lose power intermittently while going uphill with little bumps/knocks and had to be turned on twice during the climb. After going downhill it won’t turn on at all unfortunately and just displays this light sequence. Any help appreciated as I want to get back on the bike!

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Look for loose cables or kinked/damaged cables.

Download the flow up if you havent already. It will spit out an error Code.

If it's not a loose cable then its take it back to the shop. They have diagnostics they can plug in.

Kbaker310

Jun 18, 2023
Pleasant Hill
What is the status of your issue with the bike ? Did you solve the issue ?
It took a while for the shop to diagnose the problem but essentially there was a pinched cable from the controller in the top tube to the motor. Once that was replaced and assembly was performed more carefully it's been great since with no issues!

RickDale

Aug 24, 2023
Queeny, Bradford
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2023 Orbea Wild M-team and have ridden it for roughly 20 miles and it’s amazing, complete package of performance/agility along with what I thought was a reliable system. Today on a ride the motor started to lose power intermittently while going uphill with little bumps/knocks and had to be turned on twice during the climb. After going downhill it won’t turn on at all unfortunately and just displays this light sequence. Any help appreciated as I want to get back on the bike!

Hi,

Hi, I realise you've fixed this now but just thought i'd add to the thread. 15 miles into 30 mile ride my bosche control unit would not turn on. Lights on the control unit scrolled though the LED twice and then went off. The push fit cabel had slightly come out of the control unit. I pulled it out completely and then re-connected to resolve the issue. Easy when you know how - took me 45 minutes!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles