Bosch eMTB and Turbo settings from a pro (not me)

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
Hi there,
I saw a post from Bosch or from a pro rider Mathieu Ruffray (Login • Instagram) and they highlighted how he used his eMTB and Turbo (in this case Race) settings which I've tried and found interesting... Maybe you want to consider them too? Just figured I'd post them here in case.

eMTB Assistance +5 and Dynamic +2
Turbo/Race Assistance +4 and Dynamic -1

His reasoning was he uses eMTB for climbing tech and wanted quick punchy assistance
He used Turbo/Race for descending and didn't want it to kick in too quickly/abrubtly

I captured the story screen shots but don't think he posted it anywhere else so it's lost to the internet gods now

Food for thought...

IMG_8538.PNG IMG_8537.PNG IMG_8535.PNG IMG_8536.PNG

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have EMTB set at +3 for assistance and dynamic.............no idea what the other modes are set at because I never use them! The EMTB settings I have make the bike an absolute dream for my type of riding which is mostly short techy climbs and steep descents in the forest. I never need to use turbo and my setting for EMTB is much easier to control in terms of grip on a climb but of course gets into turbo levels of assistance when required. What I really like about my setting is that I can hold the bike on the brakes on a climb to reposition the front or rear wheel and when I start to pedal again the assistance is immediate but completely controllable. Yes it reduces range somewhat but I never need more than a bout 50% of the 750w/h anyway on my typical rides so it is not an issue. I usually do a max of 15 miles and mostly only charge the battery to 85% and finish with 45%-50% (cold and muddy conditions).

Lazy Clydesdale

Apr 24, 2024
Maryland
My power scheme, which I approach purely from a race mindset, is somewhat different:

Red for choppy awkward terrain/obstacles, tight uphill switchbacks. +0 assistance, -3 dynamic.

Purple for flat and uphill, +0 assistance, 0 dynamic.

Blue for downhill.. this I am going to experiment with reducing max torque on the next ride. Downhill speed is way more about line and smart braking, so when I am pedaling I just want a bit of instantaneous force on command. I believe I will end up at +0 assist, +5 dynamic, 50nM max torque.

Green for limp mode, +0 assist, +5 dynamic, 35nM torque (need to specifically test this, going for mere neutralization of the bike's inertia).

As a 220lb rider, full torque and high settings seem like a driveline damage risk enhancer, that is reflected above.

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
My power scheme, which I approach purely from a race mindset, is somewhat different:

Red for choppy awkward terrain/obstacles, tight uphill switchbacks. +0 assistance, -3 dynamic.

Purple for flat and uphill, +0 assistance, 0 dynamic.

Blue for downhill.. this I am going to experiment with reducing max torque on the next ride. Downhill speed is way more about line and smart braking, so when I am pedaling I just want a bit of instantaneous force on command. I believe I will end up at +0 assist, +5 dynamic, 50nM max torque.

Green for limp mode, +0 assist, +5 dynamic, 35nM torque (need to specifically test this, going for mere neutralization of the bike's inertia).

As a 220lb rider, full torque and high settings seem like a driveline damage risk enhancer, that is reflected above.
let us know how it goes :)

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I have everything turned up on boost. Factory settings for Emtb, then auto is turned down to match a couple of mates with tour mode and eco is turned down to be similar to mtb.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles