Bosch Kiox locked me out.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Its probably my fault, i was having trouble with my i phone so disconnected it from the kiox. Unfortunately I have the lock feature on my bike, to pair the unit to the phone you hold the light button down for 5 seconds.

Upon doing this my kiox says" lock mode enabled to pair 1st disable lock mode via the kiox app. Unfortunately to disable lock mode you need your phone connected via Bluetooth :unsure:

So, I cant unlock the bike unless Bluetooth is connected to the phone but I cant connect the phone while lock mode is enabled :confused:

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I did get it sorted, I deleted my kiox from the bosch e bike connect portal tacking note of the serial number and then reinstalled it . I was then able to reconnect my phone and all good.

geekraver

Feb 15, 2022
Redmond, WA
I did get it sorted, I deleted my kiox from the bosch e bike connect portal tacking note of the serial number and then reinstalled it . I was then able to reconnect my phone and all good.

Can you give a bit more detail? I have this problem with one of my bikes after I upgraded my phone. When you say 'portal', do you mean the mobile app? And when you say 'reinstalled it', what exactly do you mean? (I know its been a couple of years and you may not remember, but I have failed to get any info out of Bosch about this and its pretty nerve-wracking).

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Sorry for the late reply , glad you got it sorted. I just removed my kiox from the app ( mobile phone) and reinstalled it. To be honest i now do not use the lock function just in case it locks me out of the bike with regards to a phone problem .

pagheca

Nov 6, 2022
La Palma, Canary Islands
Hi, I am experiencing the very same issue since a couple of weeks.

On Monday I will contact Bosch but I do not understand how could you remote it and reinstall it without pairing. Any help very welcome... I am loosing a lot of data and information.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles