Can a Bosch Gen 4 with Kiox be locked remotely?

victor.vuicin

Mar 8, 2022
Romania
Hey guys,

I'm about to purchase a second hand Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Race with a Bosch Gen 4, 625W battery and a Kiox Display. The current owner has no papers and never connected the bike to the mobile app.
I'm concerned about purchasing it and having the bike locked when connecting it to the app for updates and such.
Can these bikes be locked remotely or locked automatically when connected to the app in case the bike was previously stolen or something like that?

Thank you

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
No idea about what the kiox can do but I reckon if it's been stolen from another owner then they would have already locked it remotely.

victor.vuicin

Mar 8, 2022
Romania
No idea about what the kiox can do but I reckon if it's been stolen from another owner then they would have already locked it remotely.

Understood.. altho the Kiox wasn't connected to the mobile app, so no network access as far as I know..
My unknown is: can it be locked remotely if I'll connect it to the app?

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
I've just bought a used bike with a kiox and the original owner had connected his phone and paid the extra money to have the bike locked without the kiox attached. I now can't connect my phone without it threatening to disable the motor. I now have to take the bike to a bosch dealer and prove it has been purchased ( I have original receipt and and purchase receipt) and bosch will allow it to be unlocked.

I would imagine that if no previous mobile device has been connected then you should be good to connect yours. It seems that there are problems when previous owners have connected and then not turned off the lock feature.

Previous owner cannot unlock it remotely.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles