Talk to me about Go Pro

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Do you need a laptop if you have a Go Pro.
I live in a camper van and have a IPad and IPhone. Can you have a Go Pro and download the footage without having a laptop or do I have to buy a laptop if so I will give it a miss. All this tecky stuff is a bit to much for an old Hobo. :D

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
The Gopro app works but can be pretty slow to upload and to edit any footage at high res. I would find it very challenging to work without a mouse. It really comes down to how much editing you intend to do.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
I do all my GoPro stuff in the app 🤟🤟
Same here, although on Android (Galaxy S9) so I don't have any experience with the IOS version.

Works well for basic editing, obvs a bit more limited than a nice big laptop screen but certainly good enough for most short movies up to say 10 mins. My main bit of advice I always give (at least for Android) is you must delete/re-install the app after every edit. GoPro stores duplicate files which you can't delete within the OS and they are BIG files. A right pain but for me it's still less effort than using a fancy editing app on a laptop as I don't have my own PC and GoPro don't do any windows software now so it would have to be a 3rd party app, most of which are paid or subbed.

To give you an idea this was a 5min35sec edit I did entirely on the phone with the GoPro app:

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
What do you think about editing photos on a small screen? doing it with videos is many times worse than that.
The app is good enough for managing your library and doing a few cuts, you will need a large screen and a fast computer to do any interesting edit, IMHO. What I do is record only short videos and keep only the good ones on my library.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles