Levo Gen 2 Boomslang pedals

azmos1

Oct 14, 2020
California
New to the E bike world I'm riding with crank brothers on my Scott, and I saw these $180 pedals from Specialized after dumping 6k on a bike 180 is minuscule. Anyone have experience with riding these? Or, suggest a better option.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Well thats still a lot for a pedal that doesn't regularly feature in the top flat pedal reccomendations.

The usual suspects are

Nuke Proof Horizon Pro
DMR Vaults
One Up
Various HT models.
Deity TMAC

These tend to be the "best" flat pedals but a lot of it is personal preference, any of the above wont see you wrong, though the One Ups are an unconventional desing which have a love/hate follwing.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Myself, I really don’t like alloy pedals, I prefer Nylon with removable pins. They’re lighter, don’t look like shit when they get scratched up and they don’t knock my fillings out on rock strikes. They’re also a helluva lot cheaper to replace.
The Yoshimura pedals are the only alloy pedals I’ve considered in years.
0E58C746-8943-42B3-BC5E-7C1B4FDBAB94.png

Same money as the Boomslangs, but with better bearings and these are made in the USA.
In my shop the most popular pedals are Raceface Chesters, Deity deathtraps and other assorted nylon pedals.
As far as Specialized pedals go I prefer the Bennies over the Boomslangs.

azmos1

Oct 14, 2020
California
Well thats still a lot for a pedal that doesn't regularly feature in the top flat pedal reccomendations.

The usual suspects are

Nuke Proof Horizon Pro
DMR Vaults
One Up
Various HT models.
Deity TMAC

These tend to be the "best" flat pedals but a lot of it is personal preference, any of the above wont see you wrong, though the One Ups are an unconventional desing which have a love/hate follwing.
Thank you very much!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Myself, I really don’t like alloy pedals, I prefer Nylon with removable pins. They’re lighter, don’t look like shit when they get scratched up and they don’t knock my fillings out on rock strikes. They’re also a helluva lot cheaper to replace.
The Yoshimura pedals are the only alloy pedals I’ve considered in years.
View attachment 42228
Same money as the Boomslangs, but with better bearings and these are made in the USA.
In my shop the most popular pedals are Raceface Chesters, Deity deathtraps and other assorted nylon pedals.
As far as Specialized pedals go I prefer the Bennies over the Boomslangs.
Are they any good - fan of the brand from my motorcycling days, interested to try them if they won't so expensive!

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles