Help Please What Pedals

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what is a good make of flat pedals for my Turbo Levo Expert? I wear Specialized 2FO shoes but prefer flat pedals. The magnesium cheapies I bought for the bike have started to develop a tiny bit of play and I’d like to get a good set on there soon. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
I like Race Face Chester pedals. Reasonably priced at US$50.

Fairly light, relatively low profile, pretty grippy, seem to hold up well to abuse.

Edit: after seein post #10 below by Chester (note the irony) I took a look at the One-Up Composite pedals, also about US$50. Nice! An additional pin, better pin placement, and a slightly wider platform. Mrs levity and I tried them and are now using One-Up composites both on our e-mtbs and on our acoustic-mtbs.

Last edited:

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I use DMR vaults. They have done 12,000km and still going strong and they get abused. I have not had them apart and they have had zero matainence.

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
I always wanted a set of specialized boomslang pedals.

review

Personally, I have a set a saint flats in the toolbox, xtr trails on the ebike and saint clipless on the DH bike.

Last edited:

Camtt12

Jun 3, 2018
South Wales
Agree with some of the comments above, I’ve got DMR vaults on my levo, they are bomb proof. Loads of pedal strikes and although they look battered they are still feeling great.

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I’ve had HTP03As, Nukeproof and Superstar Nanos. The HTP03As were too grippy for me, the Nukeproofs were solid, but I prefer the Nanos... nice wide pedal, and the pins suit my shoe. I just can’t physically get them off my clockwork...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have the same shoes as you, size UK 10.

I had Nukeproof Neutrons, and found that the shoe was a bit too wide for the pedal, which made me feel over time that i felt like i was sitting on, rather than in the pedal, if that makes sense, and that when my shoe was in the sweet spot, i was very close to the crank arms.

I have switched to Crank Brothers Stamp 3's in a large, and its a massive improvement. I feel like the shoe always now feels like it is in the sweet spot of the pedal, whereas before i would be adjusting my positioning a fair bit. I really like the Nukeproofs, they were super grippy too, but really glad i have gone up to a bigger platform.

Depending on your shoe size looking at a bigger pedal might be worth considering

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
I have the same shoes as you, size UK 10.

I had Nukeproof Neutrons, and found that the shoe was a bit too wide for the pedal, which made me feel over time that i felt like i was sitting on, rather than in the pedal, if that makes sense, and that when my shoe was in the sweet spot, i was very close to the crank arms.

I have switched to Crank Brothers Stamp 3's in a large, and its a massive improvement. I feel like the shoe always now feels like it is in the sweet spot of the pedal, whereas before i would be adjusting my positioning a fair bit. I really like the Nukeproofs, they were super grippy too, but really glad i have gone up to a bigger platform.

Depending on your shoe size looking at a bigger pedal might be worth considering

Yes I’m always noticing like at the edge of the pedal a bigger platform would be great. Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles