Levo Gen 2 Cadence .. Some help please.

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Hi.

Is this right, maintaining a cadence of 70 or more helps to increase battery life on that ride.
This applies irrespective of which mode (Eco/Trail/Turbo).

I am trying to increase my battery range and my tired and battered knees dont seem to work as well as they used to. (Awaiting a second new knee).
I went out today and pushed myself to get as much cadence as I could and averaged about 58, with a high of 85.
Its not easy maintaining 70 RPM thats for sure, but if it helps to increase range I will persevere.

I ride a 2019 Levo Comp.

Thanks

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Thanks for the reply chaps, I will persevere and look to increase that average
Referring to my question .. will increasing that cadence increase battery range
Cheers

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
There are too many other variables to determine whether you get more range but using a higher cadence definitely reduces strain on all of the drivetrain components............if it enables a more constant demand on the motor ( which it should since you can better maintain momentum) it will enable better range. The best way to increase range is the same way you preserve rider energy on an analogue bike..........pick the path of least resistance/ use the trail to create flow through pumping/ get out the saddle and let the bike breathe beneath you and maintain the bikes momentum ( the opposite being stop/start....slow/fast).

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
The Levo works best at an 80 or higher cadence.
This is why the 21s have new 12 speed drivetrains. The belt can snap when spinning too high of a gear on climbs while Turbo is engaged.
The 21s also have a heavier duty belt and now the 4 year warranty should help erase doubts

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Thanks everyone for the reply and for taking the time to respond.
Clearly I need to get fitter and smarter.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles