Help please.

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
2019 Levo Comp FSR.

Just charged it up - green light on the charger - fully charged.

Press the button on the TCU, cycles the blue lights and goes off.
A red light very briefly comes on before the blue lights start to cycle but its a split second.
Try again - press On button, very brief red light, blue lights cycle up and down, no red light visible and it just goes off.

Charger plug door is shut and no grit or muck is preventing its closure.

Have done a factory reset as per manual, but not made any difference.

Everything was fine when last used, I dont blast it with a jet wash, just pour water over with a watering can and use a brush.
Not used it for 10 days and been sat indoors, everything is dry.

Any ideas would be most welcome

Thanks.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
"everything was fine when last used"......was that before or after you washed it? I suspect you washed it before taking it indoors so 2 things have happened since you last used the bike.
1. You washed it...…...so water may have got into the electrical components somewhere or the speed sensor may have been contaminated.
2. You charged it...….the charger behaved as expected which suggests at least the main contacts on the battery charging socket are OK but water ingress is more likely to effect the smaller lower voltage contacts.
3. The battery to motor lead was of course unplugged whilst you charged the battery...…..was it left unguarded, if so it could have picked up metallic debris.

The fact that the lights cycle but then do not remain on suggest to me the start up routine has failed...........the start up routine requests a signal from each sensor etc to ensure everything is connected and functional before fully powering up. So I would check the sensor magnet on the rear wheel hub for cleanliness first. Second I would clean the charger plug and battery cable connector with contact cleaner and visually inspect for debris. The fact it has been indoors for a while would suggest any water ingress into the handlebar remote or TCU should have dried out so I would expect them to be OK.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles