Bomber CR on an E-Sommet 297?

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Anyone running a Bomber CR on a 2021/2 E-Sommet? Thinking of getting one, to try the coil ride (am hoping the leverage curve is progressive enough to accommodate my knees!), but curious as to whether the reservoir will clear the frame on bottom out. It looks like it should, but thought I'd ask in case anyone knows different..?
Cheers.

dave_uk

Nov 15, 2021
uk - Staffordshire
should fit as the Bomber looks similar to the Fox I fitted:
vitus-fox-shock.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Leverage curve on the 2021 ESommet is a fair bit more progressive than on the original (18/19) Esommet frames and as such far more suitable for a coil shock.
Not sure what you mean regarding your knees though.

Last edited:

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Leverage curve on the 2021 ESommet is a fair bit more progressive than on the original (18/19) Esommet fames and far more suitable for a coil shock.
Not sure what you mean regarding your knees though.
Both knees, right ankle and right hip were injured in service. I now have little padding in the knees, so rely on quite progressive set-ups to compensate. I'd read about the increase in progression, over the original bike, so am hopeful it will work out. Worst come to worst, I could try a progressive spring, though not sure I 100% believe in them!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
In that case. You might actually be as well sticking with air. But that will depend on what shock you're currently running and what exactly it is you aren't liking about it's performance.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
I've got a 2022 Float X2 Performance Elite, which is my favourite shock of all time. Had one on a Kenevo previously and knew I needed one on this E-Sommet. Tbh, the coil thing is more like my determination to keep riding hardtails - I knew it was a dumb idea but I just couldn't shake it until I'd proven to myself just how dumb!!! 😂

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Can anyone confirm for me if this is all I need for a new shock to mount to the 2021 E-sommet?
No, you would also need the lower bolt and the bushings and mounting hardware. What you have in this link is just the upper two bolts that fit the Trunnion mount on the shock.

MadTurnip

Jan 14, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks, I figured it out. The lower shock mounting hardware and bushing are 8x30 for the Vitus Esommet 2021.
This is what I bought in the end:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles