E-Sommet 297 crown race!!!

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
What the hell were they thinking?!? It's almost as if they designed this to ensure damage at the point of removal! The whole point of my riding this year is to see how cheaply I can ride for and still have a great ride. Therefore, the whole idea was to remove the X-Fusion forks and sell them, offsetting the cost of the replacement forks. Guaranteed to get a lower price for them now :mad:

20220113_085442.jpg

20220113_085519.jpg

The lip on the Acros crown race (which is a bloody sizeable unit!) causes any removal tool to be pushed down, onto the crown, as it's tightened into position. I'm a pro mechanic, hell, I teach pro mechanics, and this was beyond a joke.

dave_uk

Nov 15, 2021
uk - Staffordshire
I personally think its not really devalued them, as functionally they look to be fine so long as the bottom race will reseat ok.

Not sure why you are bothering to replace the front shocks? I find my work well.

The rear shock must go, ps. got a refund on my rear shock, paid for my used, but almost new, Fox DPX2 upgrade.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
I personally think its not really devalued them, as functionally they look to be fine so long as the bottom race will reseat ok.

Not sure why you are bothering to replace the front shocks? I find my work well.

The rear shock must go, ps. got a refund on my rear shock, paid for my used, but almost new, Fox DPX2 upgrade.
I tend to ride quite hard, lots of drops in the 4-6ft range, sometimes bigger, and a lot of high speed chatter too. Wanted a fork that would be more tuneable to handle that. I've kept my shock so that I have a spare to bolt in when the X2 goes away for servicing. How much did you get back, out of interest?

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Meant to ask you... were the head bearings well greased? Not had mine off yet, but want to know due to the water ingress issues.
Didn't check yet, as I only had the fork in to measure the steerer tube for cutting and to get a photo! It's coming back out over the next couple of days, to be Invisiframed, so will check then and let you know...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles