Bit of a personal question...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If it's not too rude to ask. What do you weigh (kitted up)? and what is the max elevation you get from one fully charged 500wh battery?

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Technically, if I wear clothes I’m too heavy for mine...

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Iam about 100 kg kitted so similar wieght , I have lots of steep climbing on my local rides ,using low gears , no idea what elevation because I dont use strava on the ebike but I can use my battery in an hour and a half or less if used full boost A lot . It’s great for a quick ride and unrealistically fast after a normal bike .
I found myself caning it a lot to begin with now I tend to use a mix of eco and trail and get 2 or 3 hrs or 20 - 25 miles riding in but still need 2 batteries for a good full days riding .
Looking at my strava on normal bike most local rides average 10 miles with 1500 feet climbing on average .
In that time on the ebike I could Probably climb roughly 3 times that amount if Iam using higher settings .
Just looked at my daughters strava , our last ride 21.4 miles 3793ft climbing , don’t think I could do that ride on one battery , if I used boost everywhere and I would have no chance keeping up on normal bike .

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
If it's not too rude to ask. What do you weigh (kitted up)? and what is the max elevation you get from one fully charged 500wh battery?

I'm very heavy just now after a winter of hardly cycling and wondering how much difference it'll make when I get back down to a sensible weight again.

Me: Just shy of 16st in mtb kit and 4000ft (E8000 mostly on full boost)

Wow. I am 12-13 stone and borrowed an e-Genius at the weekend (same motor) Did 27 miles and 3000ft climbing mainly in trail and never in boost. battery was spent. What sort of cadence is most efficient on the shimano system, I tend to spin quite fast (80-90 RPM)

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Wow. I am 12-13 stone and borrowed an e-Genius at the weekend (same motor) Did 27 miles and 3000ft climbing mainly in trail and never in boost. battery was spent. What sort of cadence is most efficient on the shimano system, I tend to spin quite fast (80-90 RPM)
80 - 90 seems to be the sweet spot , they pull fine up until 120 at which point I think the boost cuts , but who spins at 120 for more than a few seconds ?
Battery life sounds about right if your using trail and climbing as described . Not really had an easy ride on mine to find out what it will do , if Iam doing distance and easy off road I don’t tend to use the ebike

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Ryder. That 4000ft I quoted was done in only 11 miles.
Basically 5miles of steep climbing at full speed on boost and 6 miles of DH track. (7 climbs and descents) all in a concentrated area littered with DH tracks all serviced by bridleway/fireroad climbs

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles