Bit of a bummer ..but never mind !

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
On Monday afternoon ..I started feeling a little bit ropey and by Tuesday morning more than a bit ill..
On Wednesday it was suggested that I should book a Covid test at a drive through centre ..at 5.00am yesterday I got an email to say that the test had proven inconclusive and that I should re-book asap..which I duly did .
At 5.00am this morning I got another email confirming that my test result was positive..
A couple of things ..I must have a mild version as I don't feel too bad ..secondly I feel truly sorry that I've rubbished our Christmas Day celebrations for my partner & our son as we have had Christmas Dinner at her sisters for the last twenty years ..Im also sorry that they both seem to be getting symptoms.
So all of us in isolation for 10 days ..and the biggest pain is I can't try out any of my new mtb gear ..gotta laugh ain't ya ?
Just read your post buddy, gutted for you nd yours. Hang in there mate and we’ll catch up soon.........got some suupa duupa speedos for our next outing. Take care Neil.

GOSBTS

Sep 24, 2018
Sussex
When I had it, I was desperate to be back cycling, I went on my turbo trainer on about day 8 as I thought I was feeling better. I couldn’t get out of bed for 2 days after and my heart was much faster than normal for a good while after. Basically don’t underestimate it as a virus and wait until you are 100% better. Rehabilitate with walks and as someone else has said on here pay attention to your HR and PulseOx, both metrics provided by my watch, I would recommend using one.

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
On Monday afternoon ..I started feeling a little bit ropey and by Tuesday morning more than a bit ill..
On Wednesday it was suggested that I should book a Covid test at a drive through centre ..at 5.00am yesterday I got an email to say that the test had proven inconclusive and that I should re-book asap..which I duly did .
At 5.00am this morning I got another email confirming that my test result was positive..
A couple of things ..I must have a mild version as I don't feel too bad ..secondly I feel truly sorry that I've rubbished our Christmas Day celebrations for my partner & our son as we have had Christmas Dinner at her sisters for the last twenty years ..Im also sorry that they both seem to be getting symptoms.
So all of us in isolation for 10 days ..and the biggest pain is I can't try out any of my new mtb gear ..gotta laugh ain't ya ?
Sickener. I had to isolate leading up to Christmas because a work mate tested positive and being in the house for 11 days was torture, and that was without having the virus. Hope your well and back out on your bike soon. ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Thanks ..Im a good way through my isolation period which started the day after my symptoms on 22nd ..my missus started on Christmas Day .
One bad day so far ..other than that its been no worse than a cold ..with the exception of feeling tired & sleeping a lot ..
If this is as bad as it gets then I feel lucky to have dodged a bullet..

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
My Wife had it in March. Had about 1 day of feeling rotten with a temperature then recovered. After that for about 7 weeks she lost her sense of taste & smell, but felt fine.
Another mate also tested positive in March but had no symptoms at all.
I somehow missed getting it at all. Maybe as I was working out of town for 2 weeks at the time she was infective. (And before you jump to conclusions, my mate was skiing in Italy with his wife when I was out of town... at least he said he was!!)
I did the antibody test and it showed < 3.8 U/ml /whatever that is.. so negative... Damn. Maybe my O blood group helped me.

Anyway, I hope you are one of the lucky ones. Good luck, and keep well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles