Bike Park Wales

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
As there doesn't seem to be any recent threads about this i thought i'd start a new one.

Now that travel is allowed again across the border a group of friends have managed to book a saturday in may to get back to this place. Of course none of them bothered to tell me until the next day which meant the uplift was sold out. :rolleyes:Good thing they only get 1/2 a day uplift and i have an emtb.....

Quite a few things have changed there since my last trip with a new blue, red and black line being built and the a470 being redone, who doesn't love a huge jump line?

Has anyone else been able to do a realistic range check on a 630wh battery? I'm a little on the heavier side of average at 85kg pads 'n all and was hoping that tackling the hill in tour mode should get me a decent amount of runs in before it dies without killing myelf on the way up riding in eco all day.

On the slim chance anyone else is booked in it's the 29th of may i'm going. Cannot wait to get back now i have something better suited to the downhill. Last time we did a day of which the afternoon was uplift and i had a very ill-equipped giant anthem, the arm pump and brake fade were real. :sick::ROFLMAO::poop:

and for those few people who might care, i'll take the go pro and make sure the garmin isn't beeping :cool:

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I'm heading there in May at some point with some mates, will let you know if it ends up being the 29th ?

Can't wait to try out the new A470, and Insufficient Funds lines. Also the comedy Groot trail (mainly comedy due to Warners antics on it)

Not quite the same so take this as useful or not! Last year when the uplifts were closed by park was open; 700wh Levo, did the whole day in Trail mode (35/100) which is similar to Tour on the Bosches I guess. Did 7 full climbs (cafe to top where the uplift drops of) as well as 7 full DH runs and a few sessions on the top of Hot Steppa (I think thats the one near Popty Ping). Ended up with 38% battery left. I weigh 76kg. My mate who I went with runs the same bike but with 504wh, he weighs around 107kg and ran Eco mode (15/35) all day, his battery died after 6 runs and I towed him up the hill for the final run.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I'd be looking to borrow/rent a spare battery if you can so you can just shuttle up without too much effort and get as many runs in as possible.
Not been on the ebike but my mate managed to burn through 3 batteries (500Wh) in the whole day. He had 2 and put the first on charge once it died.
You get knackered enough just going down ?

16vdady

Feb 6, 2021
Ramsgate
I'd be looking to borrow/rent a spare battery if you can so you can just shuttle up without too much effort and get as many runs in as possible.
Not been on the ebike but my mate managed to burn through 3 batteries (500Wh) in the whole day. He had 2 and put the first on charge once it died.
You get knackered enough just going down ?
A subject I have wondered “how far will my battery go”? I am booked in 2nd June but with uplift and pedal power! I would like to know how I would fair with how many runs I could get in comparing ebike to uplift? I have only ever done uplift.

Spud666

Sep 5, 2020
Rochester
I've booked the 21 and 22 May, for a mate and I. We only have a 625 battery on our bikes. Thought just to take it easy throughout the day and see how far the battery would get us. No uplift booked.

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
How did you get on mate ?
I've booked the 21 and 22 May, for a mate and I. We only have a 625 battery on our bikes. Thought just to take it easy throughout the day and see how far the battery would get us. No uplift booked.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles