Bike park wales ebike ride pass

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Here's Gypsy glen, I can dig out a ride we've done on Strava. I seem to remember riding through Cardrona and up a fireroad to the start of it

Flat White is a good intro to the golfie side trails, it starts halfway up that side and it's a steady fireroad to get there, I think it's about 6-700ft of climbing to get to the start. It's not steep but the clattering loose rocks takes a bit of getting used to, you need to get right into the berms to find the grip.
I noticed the Traquair arms pub in town has set up some sockets outside in the beer garden. You might be able to charge up if you stop off there for a drink (y)

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
So can anyone tell me how long it roughly takes to ride up on a ebike as I've heard theres a direct route up now for ebikes and how many runs roughly I have a 630 w battery thanks

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
So can anyone tell me how long it roughly takes to ride up on a ebike as I've heard theres a direct route up now for ebikes and how many runs roughly I have a 630 w battery thanks
I could check my gopro footage cos i left it on by accident all the way up once but..at a guess its a 20 minute climb to the top, but you can cut that almost in half if you take the ebike steep climb.
depends how fit you are and what mode you ride in but I usually get 4 complete runs to the top plus a load of short pull ups to session some of the trails like rim dinger so easily 5-6 and thats all in turbo. I only ride up in turbo anyway, its my way of recovering and resting for the downhills.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Not sure how long but you don't have to go to the dirt track to the uplift part to do some of the runs. I got 5 climbs out of my 625 but I'm old and knackered 😁

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
To experience a great day I would recommend the uplift, I did the pedal up and managed 4 full runs on a 500w.

For a little extra you can just enjoy the rest whilst being driven up.

Can’t wait to get back down as they’ve recently did some trail work 🤙🏻

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles