BESST tool PRO

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I launch this subject to avoid necessity to read all the BESST tool subject to solve an problem
link to sheet where BEEST pro can be find

link to bafang download

I have installed it, i can read my controler and update firmware in my M510 with it, but no more.
when i read all i have message"fail read" (i suspect it is beacause it can't communicate with the battery)
i can modified the setting in the displayed screen, but i can't send it to my motor ( send button inactive)
i have ofen "ERR 30" displayed on my bike display during manipulation (i unplug/plug BESST tool connexions and it's disappears). i'm logeed with my BESST tool account (not pyton login used). sombody can help me ? i want to reduce the acceleration parameter to see if that solve my problems of cut

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Not sure if this would be of much help, but I would recommend to try using the bypass script. Perhaps your level of access doesn't allow such modifications.

Also, from what I know, everybody who has tried changing acceleration parameter didn't really notice any difference. But then again nobody 's experiencing problem like yours. Also for rev 1(rev e) there is only one fw that supports adjusting assist parameters. Not sure about rev 2 though

lighthouze08

Jul 13, 2022
va
i installed python and when running the loginbypass, im getting line 72 error. Does anyone know how to fix that?

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
What is the error code exactly? Like unknown function? Undefined variable? Are you sure you have all the required python modules installed?

lighthouze08

Jul 13, 2022
va
What is the error code exactly? Like unknown function? Undefined variable? Are you sure you have all the required python modules installed?
c:\>loginbypass.py
File "C:\loginbypass.py", line 74
<title>Bafang_M500_M600/loginbypass.py at main · OpenSourceEBike/Bafang_M500_M600 · GitHub</title>
^
SyntaxError: invalid character '·' (U+00B7)

lighthouze08

Jul 13, 2022
va
i downloaded python, installed simplejson, change host file to 127.0.0.1 pointing to test.api.besst.bafang-service.com. Run loginbypass from GitHub and got that error

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Got just new M510 and Bafang Pro can not read it (maybe new version of Pro needed)! So bafang is not compatible even with themself. ;)

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
I have new version of M510, it's call FC.2 version. Connect with Besst Tool Pro and it can edit Cycling parameters. And i can feel the different when i changed each parameters. Just for bafang to release Android app for tuning like Shimano EP8.

bafang m510 V2.jpg

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I have new version of M510, it's call FC.2 version. Connect with Besst Tool Pro and it can edit Cycling parameters. And i can feel the different when i changed each parameters. Just for bafang to release Android app for tuning like Shimano EP8.

View attachment 103433
which nb hardware and software have the controller ?

Pinkabou

Feb 15, 2023
Québec City
Hello everybody from Quebec city

I have a ebike with Bafang M600

I have the BESST cable interface, the BafangPro software for Mac, Python is install with the script LoginBypass-pro.py

When I try to read, I receive a Failed.....

When I check my setting in the Display C240, the Torque Info Flash... see the pic.

Do I have a problem with the torque sensor ? A Cable not full connected ?? Your diagnose will be appreciate

Capture d’écran, le 2023-02-15 à 13.40.31.png

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hello everybody from Quebec city

I have a ebike with Bafang M600

I have the BESST cable interface, the BafangPro software for Mac, Python is install with the script LoginBypass-pro.py

When I try to read, I receive a Failed.....

When I check my setting in the Display C240, the Torque Info Flash... see the pic.

Do I have a problem with the torque sensor ? A Cable not full connected ?? Your diagnose will be appreciate

View attachment 106806
looks weird, never happened with all bafang motor i had. Try using old besst

Pinkabou

Feb 15, 2023
Québec City
looks weird, never happened with all bafang motor i had. Try using old besst
What did you mean by "using old besst" ??

Tomorrow, il will open the motor to see if the the torque sensor is attach to the controller. I saw video about remove, install, and change the controller. The cable for the torque sensor is short..., maybe

Any other idea ?

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I have updated the last rev (1.0.4) and i can with it adjust all parameters of my M510 rev 1.0

does somebody can explain me the "current limit percentage". originally all levels are set to 100%. Nevertheless in use it have différencies between motor assist following the levels selected ? I have tried to reduce a few (- 20%) the level 1 and the assit was reduced a lot (too many). in waiting of more explanation i will return all to 100%, i have only reduced the startup angle to low and the acceleration to medium.

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
I have updated the last rev (1.0.4) and i can with it adjust all parameters of my M510 rev 1.0

does somebody can explain me the "current limit percentage". originally all levels are set to 100%. Nevertheless in use it have différencies between motor assist following the levels selected ? I have tried to reduce a few (- 20%) the level 1 and the assit was reduced a lot (too many). in waiting of more explanation i will return all to 100%, i have only reduced the startup angle to low and the acceleration to medium.
Current limit is like this.If your firmware allows 20 amps max and you set this to 80% , you should have 16 amps max.
I did it smilarly on my m510 fc.1.0 and have on 80 watts max on lvl 1

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Current limit is like this.If your firmware allows 20 amps max and you set this to 80% , you should have 16 amps max.
I did it smilarly on my m510 fc.1.0 and have on 80 watts max on lvl 1
Thanks.
Those i don't understand is that when all settled at 100% ? We have various power limit following the level ? That whould mean that 100% at level 1 don't corresponding at the 14 A of the firmware rev, but at lower value.
The max A value (100%) in reality can be reach only at level 5.

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
ok maybe you are right. I didnt try 100 current on lvl1.Bu what i think is that they have set a limit on every lvl.For instance 10a on lvl1 12 on lvl 2 etc.
When you change the limit you get a percentage of the maximum set limit of the corresponding lvl.
If we say lvl 1 gets on 100% 10a you can set it to let say 50% and you will get 5a max

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Patdam, you are overthinking it. ;)

It is just a maximum current limitation from the value you see in bin file name (two numbers before "i").

And why we see such a high limits also on PASS level 1 (from factory it is set to 50%)? I suppose it is because of new Support level parameter which should tell to controller what assistance power it should give to your pedalling power - can work this way. But after short ride on FC2.0 it is still too powerful on PASS 1 and u pedalling almost freely. I think this is coming from not much sensitive torque sensor - so then not easy to regulate optimally.
You put some torque with legs, motor will count how much needs to be added by motor according Support level percentage and will count the current to phases. Max current is top limitation.

So still good to limit max current on PASS 1, to get good range.

Similar like Innotrance controller - some people are setting max current on each PASS and set torque sensor sensitivity accordingly.

Anyway somebody knows where to set a battery capacity? Dont understand how this range is calculated, when I do not set capacity (When u have battery with CAN comunication I can imagine it can work, as BMS then sending info to controller what is battery max capacity and current SOC). ;) Again a Chinese logic and then it showing only BS...

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello Bafang Ebikers.

New BB3 device if anybody interested. Can set all the parameters of latest M510 FC2.0. All other CAN Bafang motors support still Circumference, Wheel size and Speed limits - you can switch easily by holding PLUS button. Motor Calibration (useful when u change controller), set/reset ODO (only new Bafang DPC254 and later), Info Screen.

Check this interactive Google form, there are useful tips, videos, pictures, initial/default BB3 setup and how to order

https://forms.gle/yyxKQsok6yZsng35A

Colored BB3.jpg

K1 BB3 na ebay.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles