Battery SBC B08 14ah/504Wh/36V, repair?

fazibazi

Nov 9, 2019
Poland
Hi ve got in my hands damaged battery as in title. Of course the best for me will be to repair it or at least make of the rest of the cells a range extender.
There was no reaction on charger and afer ive check it 12 cells of 40 was dead. So if it is possible to make electonics back to life or buy a new or used but fully functional board i will buy also 12 cells and make full battery back. If not it will be a power bank or convert it to DIY range extender like here:
DIY: Range extender for Levo (and Kenevo) - EMTB Forums
You can see photos and movies here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q4yisg1KxD7T7gYQ7
Thanks for all help

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I don't muck around with soldering cells these days - take it to someone who does repacks for trademens tools and get them to do a full repack.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
It seems the cells are held in an assembly that’s impossible to disassemble & repack without breaking it. Also I’ve read that the BMS self-destructs if cells aren’t removed in exact tandem sync.

fazibazi

Nov 9, 2019
Poland
It seems wrong to you, it is no problem to disassemble cells. You cut it and then resolder again. Con is 2mm longer cell = no problem.
Main problem is BMS..... is it star wars technology to have selfdestruct module? ;) BMS is already destruct but i hope it might be reparable.

Last edited:

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Well I am definitely happy to be wrong about that. Impressive work, will be interesting to see details. Are the cells soldered or welded? I read reports that they’re held in the assembly not soldered. Wrong too? :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Great pics and videos. Very interesting .. @wepn , looks like Fazibazi's managing to strip them down :

batteries.jpg

fazibazi

Nov 9, 2019
Poland
Welded. See album. Cells are in plastic frame helded with screws so it was no problem to put all cells out.
28 cells on upper side of foto above are ok (28v pack but i dint check them separately ofc) i'm thinking now it would be best to leave them as they are and just buy 2 things :
1. new 12 LGDBMJ11865 cells,
2. new BMS (many of them on market, something with BT etc)
Now questions:
I ill pack it down into oginal case of the battery and use orginal rosenberger plug etc. Will battery work with motor and aftermarket BMS? (of course i wonit use with that battery Blevo or any other Spec software, just BMS dedicated one). May it be that simple?
When i'll repack them to 36V and BMS will Specialized original charger (SBC-C04) will have no problem to charge it (mabe ill use it in my wife DIY ebike mod...if my Levo wont like it)?
Last and the easiest is to repack it to decent powerbank, but no rush for it.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles