Battery in Cube ebike not sitting right, can I see your photo to compare?

PeteAU

Jan 28, 2023
Melbourne
Hi,

Cube Reaction, the battery holder seems to be sticking out at the bottom (opposite of the Lock end).
I wonder, should there be some spacers or washers on the inside of the frame to create a gap?

Would appreciate a photo of somebody else's to see how it's meant to be assembled.

Cheers,
-Peter.

PXL_20230127_093141698~2.jpg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
not totally sure what you mean by sticking out............but your photo shows that the 2 screws securing the bottom plate are not fully screwed in and the thread lock application is exposed so is doing nothing to secure them.

PeteAU

Jan 28, 2023
Melbourne
If I tighten them, it pulls the black plastic battery socket down (down according to photo), and that's no good.
That's why I think there's missing washers where the blue thread locker is visible.
Just wanted to compare to a correctly assembled bike.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
sorry no photo but I took a look at my wifes Cube bike ( Cube Access rather than Reaction but I would guess they are the same). On that bike the same washers/spacers that are against the head of the 2 bolts are replicated on the other side of the slotted ( white) outer bar. So I would say your bike has been incorrectly assembled.

PeteAU

Jan 28, 2023
Melbourne
sorry no photo but I took a look at my wifes Cube bike ( Cube Access rather than Reaction but I would guess they are the same). On that bike the same washers/spacers that are against the head of the 2 bolts are replicated on the other side of the slotted ( white) outer bar. So I would say your bike has been incorrectly assembled.
Like this? I suspected that was it, it was never sitting right from day one.

PXL_20230130_005109906s.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles