SantaCruzBatteryCoverKit_Blck_2048x.jpg

standard-pp-transparent-adhesive-tape.jpg.webp

• Haha
Reactions: Bac

Jojo10

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Hello Santa Cruz Emtb crowd

I was hesitant to get a bike with an integrated battery for the past years, because I thought they are impractical.
Last week I got my new Bullit and the internal battery is... Impractical, but the bike looks nicer.
Form factor is not nice for transporting it in the backpack. You need a second cover for the second battery. It's muddy when putting it in the backback. You cannot charge it off bike without an adapter. You need two adapters to charge both batteries over night in the hotel room. You need a cover up solution for transporting the bike on the bike rack. So much on the complains.
Does anybody thought about a solution to separate the cover from the battery? Some kind of a quick release to mount the cover directly to the frame.
We wouldn't need two covers, it wouldn't be muddy and we could use this during transport.

Thanks

Jojo10

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Hello Guys

Not much help from you, so I helped myself 😉.
Using a screw for fixing iscg chain guards, one curved washer from brake caliper fixation, a valve lock nut, a piece of aluminium and a flat nut plus some loctite and et voila, separated cover fixation.
Some rubber thread filler nipples for the four holes in the cover.
Battery clean to put it in the rucksack. Only one cover needed. Cover to close frame when transporting.
20211211_152223.jpg

20211211_175958.jpg

Have fun

Mdmtb

Dec 22, 2021
California
I built one using the OEM cover and some printed parts. It uses all the OEM mounting points and latching so it works just like the battery. Plug and play.

Works a treat when I am riding where emtbs aren't allowed!

bergl

Dec 11, 2021
Germany
I built one using the OEM cover and some printed parts. It uses all the OEM mounting points and latching so it works just like the battery. Plug and play.

Works a treat when I am riding where emtbs aren't allowed!

Hi,
sounds interesting. Can you post a picture of it?
Cheers
Philipp

Jojo10

Sep 27, 2018
Germany
Hi guys
I don't want to steel the thunder from mdmtb, but mine is a much cheaper and more simple solution. In addition you can use the one cover with different batteries and without battery for zero cost, if you have some parts left in your bike part box.
Bye

Wintyfresh

Dec 14, 2021
Ramona, CA
I realize this is a long shot, but with Santa Cruz sold out of the Heckler Battery Cover kits (SKU: 04-21551) does anybody have a 3D printer file for a compatible cover? I just got a spare BT-E8035 and would love to not need to swap the cover every time I change out the batteries. Thanks!

burtonrider06

Sep 17, 2021
CA - USA
I realize this is a long shot, but with Santa Cruz sold out of the Heckler Battery Cover kits (SKU: 04-21551) does anybody have a 3D printer file for a compatible cover? I just got a spare BT-E8035 and would love to not need to swap the cover every time I change out the batteries. Thanks!

I am in the same boat. I cannot seem to find a extra battery cover anywhere. I'd be so happy if you had a 3d printed one available.

Wintyfresh - did you ever find one?

Wintyfresh

Dec 14, 2021
Ramona, CA
Wintyfresh - did you ever find one?

Yes, I ordered one from Italy. They shipped fairly quickly and I've been really grateful at how easy it has made swapping batteries; I was camping at a bike park (Vail Lake) this past weekend and when I'd come back to camp to refill water/snack/rest I'd throw a fresh one in the bike and let the other one charge while I was out riding again.

Here's the site I got it from; looks like they still ahve them in stock. Heckler battery cover E-bike Protections, Battery Protections SANTA CRUZ

burtonrider06

Sep 17, 2021
CA - USA
Yes, I ordered one from Italy. They shipped fairly quickly and I've been really grateful at how easy it has made swapping batteries; I was camping at a bike park (Vail Lake) this past weekend and when I'd come back to camp to refill water/snack/rest I'd throw a fresh one in the bike and let the other one charge while I was out riding again.

Here's the site I got it from; looks like they still ahve them in stock. Heckler battery cover E-bike Protections, Battery Protections SANTA CRUZ

Thanks for that link! I saw this too but I noticed that these don't include any screws. Did you just go to a hardware store to get something that fits?

Wintyfresh

Dec 14, 2021
Ramona, CA
Thanks for that link! I saw this too but I noticed that these don't include any screws. Did you just go to a hardware store to get something that fits?

Yep, I can measure if needed. I didn't actually bother checking the stock battery cover before heading the hardware store, mine turned out a touch nicer because I used o-rings between the cover and screw heads.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles