Bafang m510

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
An update on my bearings isuue to whom it may concern. Yesterday after regreasing and reassembling the motor I went for a 10 minute test drive and the problem persisted. At first motor started normally, but already after a minute drive I could feel the issue there. This made me upset.

Today I have went for another ride without much expectation. I had 1 time in the beginning when the motor did that for a second, but then the issue went away. I've decided to continue my test and started going up and down the hill in PAS 5 to see if the temperature had any effect on this. To my great joy the motor worked great and haven't stalled a single time even when it got pretty hot.

My current conclusion is that the fresh grease got into wherever it needed to go and everything started working fine. I assume it didn't happen immediately and needed some time.

I have also cracked open my m500 to see if the sprag/main gear assembly was compatible with m510. But unfortunately it was a completely different bearing. The middle gears though seemed compatible, although I won't guarantee that as I have already sealed up the other motor by that time.

Here is a photo of my 510 fully disassembled

IMG_20221003_191014.jpg

TeoElFeo

Apr 13, 2022
Tallinn
Update: upon assembling back my m500 today I have realized that I've wrongly assessed the construction of the crankshaft bearing assembly. In fact they seem to be identical(couldn't measure) and thus interreplacable. This is great news for me coz this means I will be able to use spare parts from my m500 when those bearings will die. Makes me feel satisfied ☺️

Rawmance

Sep 8, 2022
Finland
Dengfu 48V / 17.5 Ah / 840 Wh
And what modes did you use to achieve the 2km vert that I calculated from your previous reply? If you don't know then can you estimate what sort of vertical and distance you get on the highest power mode. Me and my friend are looking at options and there isn't so much information on Bafang and Pinion motors. Where as for Shitmano, Bosch, Brose and Yamaha you can just find reviews that compare the vert and range numbers.

Assuming you only used boost then for a 750Wh battery the vert would be above 1700m. Where as for Bosch, Brose and Yamaha it's above 1400m on a 750Wh battery. For Shitmano 1200m. That would be quite a considerable gap.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Sorry but calculating a vertical climb from a battery is an almost pointless thing to do in comparing motors, there's just to many variables that makes it almost meaningless.:cautious:

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
As Waynemarlow pointed out, this is very specific to the way You ride and how much energy You put in by Yourself. My experience is with the 14A firmware, that battery consumption is comparable to my bike buddy’s with Shimano and Brose. The most I ever squeezed out of 1 battery was in Finale Ligure, 54 km and 1740 hm at 10.2 km/h average speed, using Pas 2/3 mostly, at very steep and technical climbs Pas 4 for a minute here and there. I‘m in good physical condition and ride a lot. So It‘s Your guess if 2.000 meter vertical climbing are possible 😊

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
With M500, 2 week ago i done 1800 m in 41 km and it left 18% on the battery (3 years living)
i use more or less: pas 1/5 under 10%, 2/5 between 10 and 15 %, 3 between 15 and 20% and walk mode (with throttle) upper of 20%
i don't take attention of average, but i can say that at levels mentioned i climb a +- 7 km/h

I think i could try with M510 in few week and i could compare. my weight is +- 95 kg empty

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
With M500, 2 week ago i done 1800 m in 41 km and it left 18% on the battery (3 years living)
i use more or less: pas 1/5 under 10%, 2/5 between 10 and 15 %, 3 between 15 and 20% and walk mode (with throttle) upper of 20%
i don't take attention of average, but i can say that at levels mentioned i climb a +- 7 km/h

I think i could try with M510 in few week and i could compare. my weight is +- 95 kg empty
My weight is 95kg with gear, ready to ride!

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello Thaeber.

Here is M600 and standard Dengfu 840Wh battery. 50km and 2100m, at home it showed me 8% of batt. Pass 2/3, my weight 74kg.

K1 dojazd.png

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Guys and now measurement from yesterday on M510. Pass 1 (14% power) - I did 1.4km and measured consumption was 3.6Wh. (I went constant speed 24kmh). Now do the math with usable energy of battery 750Wh for a range. Of course straight asphalt.

For people who dont like physics and math :)) (750/3.6) * 1.4 km

Attaching power map setting.

IMG_20221006_144049.jpg IMG_20221006_214718.jpg

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Yes, I am a light weight. :)

Hmm, we have new forum. I do like more this design. ;)

Anyway, where is @Rob Rides EMTB ? Bussy with non bafangs? ;)
But I understand it.

A quick update for Rob about M510: Bafang is still lost. ;) Now even third version of motor out there (fw ver 3.5). Previous still with bugs. :(

Acron

Oct 11, 2022
Vtt
Bonjour,

venant de recevoir mon premier vttae équipé du moteur bafang m510 (neuf), est-ce normal d'avoir un jeu léger dans l'axe de pédalier ? environ 1 millimètre.

merci d'avance pour vos retour

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France
Bonjour,

venant de recevoir mon premier vttae équipé du moteur bafang m510 (neuf), est-ce normal d'avoir un jeu léger dans l'axe de pédalier ? environ 1 millimètre.

merci d'avance pour vos retour
Salut,

si tu n'écris pas directement en Anglais tu risques de ne pas avoir de réponse ;)
peux-tu montrer avec une vidéo?

Acron

Oct 11, 2022
Vtt
Bonjour,

Je viens de recevoir mon premier VTT équipé du moteur bafang m510 (neuf), est-il normal d'avoir un léger jeu dans l'axe du pédalier ? environ 1 millimètre. il ne sera pas visible en vidéo. jeu latéral quand je tiens les deux manivelles.
excusez moi pour mon anglais

merci d'avance pour votre retour

vikino1

Oct 14, 2021
Slovakia Topoľčany
Est-ce bien le jeu sur l'axe moteur ? N'est-ce pas un testament sur le garçon? J'ai déjà perdu deux fois le gars de gauche sur le M 500. Désolé traduction Google.

phil85

Sep 22, 2022
France
Vu ton pseudo, peut être as tu acquis un Leader Fox Acron animé par le m510 ? 🤔
Quelles sont tes impressions ? ( Comportement, conso )
Merci.

Acron

Oct 11, 2022
Vtt
oui exactement, très beau VTT, de bonne qualité, je n'ai pas encore fait de vraie sortie avec. (5kms) le moteur semble très puissant. Je pars pour 50kms ce week-end, je vais faire une rentrée sur ces 5kms la jauge et rester à 100%

phil85

Sep 22, 2022
France
oui exactement, très beau VTT, de bonne qualité, je n'ai pas encore fait de vraie sortie avec. (5kms) le moteur semble très puissant. Je pars pour 50kms ce week-end, je vais faire une rentrée sur ces 5kms la jauge et rester à 100%
Merci. Je lirai ton ressenti avec intérêt...👍

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
2nd time I had to replace my cable from motor to display due to an internal cable crack near the display plug. Maybe related to my low stem and bar, the cable is bent when I turn the bar 90+ degrees to the right. Resulting in sudden shut down of the engine, or Error 30. Be aware that this a weak point, and have a spare ready on stock.

Quaddro

Feb 8, 2022
Finland
Just finished the build ( Dengfu E10 + M510) and not totally convinced yet. When starting to pedal it makes this quite violent shake. It works fine when some speed is gained. It is more noticeable with higher gear. Also when overrun is still pushing and applying the rear brake it shakes the cranks similarly.

I really hope this is not a feature and something is wrong with my motor?
Also when I stop pedaling and take my feet completely of from the pedals, the motor just keep running and spins the cranks also!

M510 Video - Pinkbike

M510 Video - Pinkbike

What do you think?

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Just finished the build ( Dengfu E10 + M510) and not totally convinced yet. When starting to pedal it makes this quite violent shake. It works fine when some speed is gained. It is more noticeable with higher gear. Also when overrun is still pushing and applying the rear brake it shakes the cranks similarly.

I really hope this is not a feature and something is wrong with my motor?
Also when I stop pedaling and take my feet completely of from the pedals, the motor just keep running and spins the cranks also!

M510 Video - Pinkbike

M510 Video - Pinkbike

What do you think?
That doesn't look or sound right at all I'm afraid... Sounds like the chain is slipping over the chainring or rear cassette. If its neither of those, then likely to be a motor issue unfortunately. Send the video links to your motor supplier would be my recommendation.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles