Bafang m510

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Does anyone have news regarding the release date of the m510? I am actually running the m500 on my DIY Dengfu e10 and would love to replace the motor with the new one.
Would like to know when and where it will be available and if it will work with the installed 840wh battery 🤷‍♂️?

IMG_20210916_210046.jpg

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
Does anyone have news regarding the release date of the m510? I am actually running the m500 on my DIY Dengfu e10 and would love to replace the motor with the new one.
Would like to know when and where it will be available and if it will work with the installed 840wh battery 🤷‍♂️?

View attachment 79356
I have 2 samples on the way to me, hopefully have them next week.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
As a manufacturer we're able to set the maximum assistance speed to match the legal requirements for each country.
Can you confirm that as I had thought in the M500 the speed limit was hard coded in ? Good news though if it is possible to have “ American “ specs.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
32km/h assistance is the maximum we can set it to on the M510
Sorry for off topic, but I studied Your homepage for more details on the (awesome) Typhoon bike. I found that the bike is equipped with a Miranda 160 mm crankset. Many of us are urgently looking for a M500/600 compatible shorter crankset for month now, and it looks like there is one available? Can You please share some details, and if this would be available for us? Thanks!
Thomas

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
Sorry for off topic, but I studied Your homepage for more details on the (awesome) Typhoon bike. I found that the bike is equipped with a Miranda 160 mm crankset. Many of us are urgently looking for a M500/600 compatible shorter crankset for month now, and it looks like there is one available? Can You please share some details, and if this would be available for us? Thanks!
Thomas

Hi Thomas, Good spot, yes we are specing with 160mm Miranda cranks. I have ordered extra for you guys that are looking for them. I expect them in 8 - 10 weeks time.

I'll put them up on our website to purchase on backorder shortly.

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
American spec, perfect by me in my view, thats more than enough to enjoy EBiking without raising too many eyebrows from the eyores rambler brigade.

Thanks for responding.
I've just got back from another ride on the Typhon and M510. I was riding on our local trails which are steep and rocky and with a mate who has a Kenevo....We swapped bikes a couple of times, and we both agreed the M510 had noticeably more power. The initial power delivery needs to smoothed out a little, but it's not as brutal as the M600. I'll provide feedback to Bafang and ask them to refine it a little more.

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
@VMG Chris what maximum power output M510 is showing during tests on the lcd? Have you a possibility to share the firmware?
I've seen over 800 watts, but I find it hard to read the display when I'm riding as it's a DPC 241. So I'm not sure exactly. I'll see if the App will connect and then I can read it.

My eyes are too old 🤣

I don't have the firmware file for the M510

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
I've seen over 800 watts, but I find it hard to read the display when I'm riding as it's a DPC 241. So I'm not sure exactly. I'll see if the App will connect and then I can read it.

My eyes are too old 🤣

I don't have the firmware file for the M510

How would you compare M500 with 13Amps firmware to M510? Is there a noticeable difference?

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
could you compare with M600 ?

Level 5 on the M510 would be roughly Level 4 on the M600

The M510 is more responsive to changes in torque input and feels like it has a much wider power/cadence band, and it is also smoother on start-up. I think it could be smoother still, and have asked Bafang to slowdown the power rampup, and/or make it a softer start.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
You may want to suggest to Bafang that the ramp up is proportional to the level selected. At the moment I suspect my M600 simply has a call for a common across all levels ramp up, as its first operational call from sensing cadence. This is obscuring low cadence torque sensing in the lower levels where the 350w’s of the ramp up call is totally obscuring the 150W’s the riders torque is being asked for. It works but a simple division of the amount of energy ramp up related to the level set would allow the torque sensor to dictate what energy is being fed to the motor.

Good luck with that request 😄

Hondy

Mar 11, 2021
simba124
You may want to suggest to Bafang that the ramp up is proportional to the level selected. At the moment I suspect my M600 simply has a call for a common across all levels ramp up, as its first operational call from sensing cadence. This is obscuring low cadence torque sensing in the lower levels where the 350w’s of the ramp up call is totally obscuring the 150W’s the riders torque is being asked for. It works but a simple division of the amount of energy ramp up related to the level set would allow the torque sensor to dictate what energy is being fed to the motor.

Good luck with that request 😄
Hello Wayne ...i ride my M600 about 2200 kmtrs ,its a very powerfull bike as you stated mostley based on cadence an love the bike (first emtb) ... i wonderd i could do something about ,NOT in parameters , then other buy a different controller ...bought one from FLX 43V (bike is normally 48v) and its changed this bike as no other .Level 1off 5 is for the real sporty guys ,level 2 is the one I need ,level 3 about the same as level 1 normally M600 as we now it ....range gone up from 65kms to 90kms on 40% very muddy ground (+-750hm) using level 2 and 3 on 1 battery (=840wh) . Also the harder you push on the peddels the more power you get ... .As a cross country man this is what i personally need ....range and power when i need it ! 1 negative is the procentage off battery reading off the display ,cuts off the hole bike by reading off the display at about 30% !

Last edited:

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I am curious of the M510 also.
Mine wont be arriving for a couple of weeks.

@VMG Chris, have you opened the motor to confirm what components are similar to that of the M500 & M600?

If its something you're not comfortable doing, don't worry. I'll tear mine open and go through each component for my own understanding.

Still pisses me off knowing that its another Canbus protocol motor 😅

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
You may try to find some bike seller on alibaba and just ask about possibility to buy engine without a bike.

Seqlat

Apr 18, 2021
PL/DE
For now.
Give it a couple of months for outlets to receive supply and you'll find that the motors will be more accessible 😉
I think that it will officially not be released until 2023. I asked recently when the new version will be on sale and they don't know. They have to sell out the m500 first, that's my opinion.

Seqlat

Apr 18, 2021
PL/DE
I contacted several sellers on Alibaba and one of them offered the M510 with accessories for $ 750 (tax and
custom duty excluded ) shipping to Poland.
I am thinking about profitability because m600 and m500 in Poland with service and full on-site warranty costs $ 750 (with 23% tax) with the possibility of full tax reduction taking on the company

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
If you're buying the new engine - imo its better to pay more and get new revision, but if you owe the M500 - hard to say - for now i will stick with my m500.

Seqlat

Apr 18, 2021
PL/DE
I didn't even think about the M500, I'm only interested in the M600 or the M510. I am most interested in the battery consumption between the two (and even between m500 as it was compared to m600). Then I can put in a smaller battery and save up to 2 kg compared to the m600 or get extra km

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles