Bafang m510

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
What is the positive point of using 52V battery instead of 48V? is it no problem with M510/M500 48V motor?
You have a little bit more max. power. But the most positive point for me is to change the batteries from my 4 Bikes all running with 52 V.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
For my M600 and M510 max charging to 58,0 Volt to avoid error 07 high voltage protection, my Ultra and BBS 02 are running with 58,8 Volt.
You can run the M600's on a 52V full charge ( 58.4V ) without a problem, well at least my one will.

Don't forget with 52 volts you get slightly a higher cadence if you want it and slightly cooler motor ( negliable ). The M600's at 52 volts and short cranks are a nice combination as the motor seems to like spinning at a relatively high cadence to get the best from it.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Shockwave, that would be more like GPS spikes, when catch or lost satelite.

65kmh not so easy on straight even if u have legs like Sagan.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Also did 30 mph (without pedalling) with m510 and full battery.

But for 40mph u need much more power into motor. You wont cheat physics. ;))

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Mate I know that video and there was special setup, plus bbs02 putting like 1200W with 48V. Bruno had there 14S or 15S and on road bike. 800W is not even close to 1427W, hope u agree. But dont wanna spam with these endless topic about max speed so I am deleting my posts.

If u think standard M510 can do 40mph you can spread this untrue further. I did 30mph in very tuck position, without pedalling and on long straight with M510 and v3.2

Lets talk about standard MTB ebikes, with 2.5 inch tyres and 1.5 bar. I was studying the bike tuck positions and also been simulating speeds and accelerations for ebikes and motors. Fun fact: normal car has same air drag as mtb biker in no tuck position.

Lets record and share video how you go 40mph for 1 minute on a straight, with peddaling and in tuck position, lets see.

Last edited:

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
One more thing guys - i rode on motorcycles, maybe not superfast, but fast enough to say - the our bikes are not even close , even near the any motorcycle, in matter of acceleration, handling, braking.
We love them, but thats still bikes. Its silent, it require to paddle, its light to carry, and brake, handle good enought to ride up to around 50km/h, not faster. Even 40-50 its really fast for our hardware...

But, hardware is one thing - another thing is our body. To ride on scooter, motorcycle - we're always fully weared in motorcycle jacket, glove, boots, trausers.
I am riding my ebike mostly always in motorcycle jeans with kevlar, and if not, then i have at least fully armoured knees and legs, mostly i am wearing the full face helmet.

It just completely not have matter if you slide or have accident during ride 50-60km/h and youre on bike, ebike, scooter, or motorcycle. The body will scratch or break in exact same way.

Of course the 25km/h limit is crazy stupid, but riding 82 also - just a hardware is not designed for this. Just for the record, ride safe and have fun (y)

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
yea i agree.Speed is not very important with an ebike.40 45 is plenty enough for the city just to flow with the traffic.
But the most important thing is just to be able to set sensitivity of the motor, to fit your riding style in the mountain.
For me speed is not imlortant at all!
There are electric scooters , cheap enough and some el motorcycles getting 100kmh and more.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
my bike is 8 years old and it has not fallen apart yet but it is allways a double edge sword more speed means less range.

id want a 15kg bike that could go 50mph for 50 miles id be happy with that but were not there yet.

and i do crash and it fkn hurts

View attachment 91774

View attachment 91775
In the past i crashed on my bike daily, sometimes few times per day ;) I looked like this almost everyday (and most of the colleagues also) - i just made powerslides, jumps in park etc. and nobody even heard about the protectors or helmets (funny fact: all from team are still alive). Thats was just 80's and 90's.
Now i am on 40, the 20+ years or driving and 10 years on motorcycles are behind, and the bones are not same when i was 20. Its time to ride more safe and wear protectors XD

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I hate when people try and impose rules and laws on others. What a load of bullshit. Speeds should be unrestricted, up to the operator to decide how fast they want to go.
And what do you think about people who don't respect the others and with their acts impacts the life of lot off ?

Whithout rules to live together, it's those who don't take care of others who impose their choice. for exemple we whould be constraints to breathe the smoke that we wouldn't want.

Whithout speed limit the ebike will be assimilate at motorcycle and we can't played wher we want (In EU).

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Speed limit shall be only in the law in my opinion, same as its done in cars and motorcycles.

However, in my opinion the peak power of things that could be considered as a 'bicycle', just shall be restricted to 1 kW.
250W of "nominal power" is also nonsense. Throttle also shall be allowed. There is no matter when someone paddle with 40km/h or riding on a throttle.

So it shall be told in the road law - you cant ride on speed lane faster than for example 30 kmh etc.
At now we have curiosal situation where ebikes with good brakes and wide tyres cant go more than 25, but gravels without brakes and with thin tyre, without braking area - can ride 40 without issues.

I know there are other categories - but they're useless. I do not want to have speed pedelec because its automatically not allowing me to use bike lanes. If i would only use roads then i would pick the car or motorcycle.

I don't mind about the registration plates for any bike, that would easily identify who don't obey speed restrictions - same as in cars or motorcycles.

I do not know how its in another countries, but in Poland the 'standard cyclists' are incredibly stupid at some part, but the e-bike community is 180 degrees different - because these people here in PL - mostly comes from motorcycle community or downhill mtb community, and these folks are riding pretty reasonable and dont speeding where people are walking.
Its a result the e-bike is a toy here that is too expensive for most so only people who really want it - have it.

In the other hand - the rental services are more targeted by e-scooters than ebikes, so the ebikes here are a niche - for slightly more rich people than average or for people who are converting bikes by themselves (and again, these ones mostly have some engineering or motorcycle experience).

In result of above - there is no accidents where ebikes are involved at all. E-scooters - yes, standard bicycles - a lot, but ebikes-no.

Sorry for OT digression ;)

Last edited:

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
And what do you think about people who don't respect the others and with their acts impacts the life of lot off ?

Whithout rules to live together, it's those who don't take care of others who impose their choice. for exemple we whould be constraints to breathe the smoke that we wouldn't want.

Whithout speed limit the ebike will be assimilate at motorcycle and we can't played wher we want (In EU).
Thats an individual problem. Definietly shouldn't be the responsibility of the state. God damn commies. All the same. Just wanna ban you from everything.

What you gonna do about downhill racing? They easy do more than double the 25kmh limit. Better start making rules and regulations to ban gravity...

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Thats an individual problem. Definietly shouldn't be the responsibility of the state. God damn commies. All the same. Just wanna ban you from everything.

What you gonna do about downhill racing? They easy do more than double the 25kmh limit. Better start making rules and regulations to ban gravity...

It's a misunderstanding or bad faith ? No one is forbids to ride upper 25 km/h ? it is just the motor assist upper than 25 km/h who is forbid. And personally i find it is a good rule

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
it's ok that there is a limit. ride a bike up to 25 km/h, everything is ok. if you have a bike and drive a bike over 25 km/h, you can go to technical, registration, insurance, mandatory equipment! if you satisfy all that, everything is legal again! 😂😂😂😂

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
30189619-11D0-425C-8514-C07BE1215EA2.jpeg
To get this thread back on track, does anyone know what the connectors circled in red are for? Came with my M510 kit.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
But that front light cable is useless as gives only 2.5W! Come on Bafang!

I am verry thrilled about that M510 v3.2 - it behaves really great, like Bosh, plus much more power. ;) On Pass 1 with heavy pedalling during acceleration getting 450W.

Still run motor recalibration without chain after new firmware - it can help in smoothnes.

Last edited:

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
But that front light cable is useless as gives only 2.5W! Come on Bafang!

I am verry thrilled about that M510 v3.2 - it behaves really great, like Bosh, plus much more power. ;) On Pass 1 with heavy pedalling during acceleration getting 450W.

Still run motor recalibration without chain after new firmware - it can help in smoothnes.
To save more battery you can switch to 1-9 support levels, then the level 1 has only max 180 watts . And it is better for your fitness 🥵

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Ok, will try it on M510, if they changed the logic, if there is different power on pass 1. Thanks for info.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles