Bafang m510 water problem tik tik sound

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Hey guys, i did wash my bike with some water the last day. After it I'd put the bike head over on the ground for some minutes to give my chain a good clean and some new oil.
I tried to use my bike but battery was only showing 1% eventhough it was fully loaded before washing it. Now my bike makes some strange tiktik sounds that comes from the battery/motor area. It is strange because i dont think it is coming from the on/off switch because i dried it properly with my hair dryer and did even test it by unplugging the on/off switch. When i did that and installed the battery it was still doing the tiktik sound. When i plug in the on/off switch and turn the bike on the tiktik sound is getting faster. When i switch the bike off the tiktik sound is getting slowlier but is still there.

Dont wanted yet to test the bike because i wanted first to resolve this problem. Think somewhere might be some water but i can not understand where. Does anybody know what i could do?

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
Hey guys, i did wash my bike with some water the last day. After it I'd put the bike head over on the ground for some minutes to give my chain a good clean and some new oil.
I tried to use my bike but battery was only showing 1% eventhough it was fully loaded before washing it. Now my bike makes some strange tiktik sounds that comes from the battery/motor area. It is strange because i dont think it is coming from the on/off switch because i dried it properly with my hair dryer and did even test it by unplugging the on/off switch. When i did that and installed the battery it was still doing the tiktik sound. When i plug in the on/off switch and turn the bike on the tiktik sound is getting faster. When i switch the bike off the tiktik sound is getting slowlier but is still there.

Dont wanted yet to test the bike because i wanted first to resolve this problem. Think somewhere might be some water but i can not understand where. Does anybody know what i could do?
water has accumulated in the battery contacts that are attached to the bike frame. when I took that part out of the frame water was coming out. and since I no longer use the original battery and contacts I have no more problems with washing!

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
water has accumulated in the battery contacts that are attached to the bike frame. when I took that part out of the frame water was coming out. and since I no longer use the original battery and contacts I have no more problems with washing!
How can you take this part out of the frame 🤷‍♂️? There are two screws, yes, but underneath tbe cables (3 pieces) are going directly into the motor area so you can not take off the whole battery connector or am i wrong?
I did also dry that part with the hair dryer, not too long but nothing changed. Maybe i'll need to give it another try tomorrow 💁

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
How can you take this part out of the frame 🤷‍♂️? There are two screws, yes, but underneath tbe cables (3 pieces) are going directly into the motor area so you can not take off the whole battery connector or am i wrong?
I did also dry that part with the hair dryer, not too long but nothing changed. Maybe i'll need to give it another try tomorrow 💁
Unscrew the 2 screws, and take that whole part out. all cables connected to the contacts should be disconnected.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
I found the main problem was the connection to the on/off switch. I made the connection permanently ‘on’
CA87A9D0-AA8B-4355-90A3-B5981E7DE88E.jpeg
inside the battery. Someone else on this site recommended the modification.

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
I took off the bottom cover from the battery case, cut the two small red wires and joined them together. The two wires are soldered together under the brown sleeving as shown in the picture above. Hope that makes sense.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles