Are Lock Laces good for MTB shoes?

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I end up running my shoes into brush a lot, and have had some moments with them coming untied. And recently I had the loop get stuck on something. So I'm thinking about something like this for my Five Ten Trail Cross Mid Pro shoes. (Which I recommend heartily, great for rough terrain.)

Similar ideas welcome. I have no idea whether these are good for riding specifically, but they seem to have great reviews from hikers.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
I end up running my shoes into brush a lot, and have had some moments with them coming untied. And recently I had the loop get stuck on something. So I'm thinking about something like this for my Five Ten Trail Cross Mid Pro shoes. (Which I recommend heartily, great for rough terrain.)

Similar ideas welcome. I have no idea whether these are good for riding specifically, but they seem to have great reviews from hikers.
Next time you get MTB shoes look for models that have the BOA system. I picked these Crank Brothers up with this lace system. The 510 winter mid boots I also bought have big brown laces which I'm not a fan of, but I didn't see 510 offering the BOA system.

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 4.57.32 PM.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles