Anyone moved away from Cushcore?

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Update

So I moved from Maxxis Assegai / DHR II DD with Cushcore and have been running Kryptotal in DH spec F & R with no Cushcore for over a week.

The setup is c. 500g lighter.

Im not sure if it’s a placebo effect but it feels like it spins easier/quicker but the most noticeable feeling was the turn in. Much more responsive and felt like it can lean in easier than before. Really enjoying it and no punctures / rim dings on the rocks.

7CD4EE43-E33B-4395-BF6F-F783A9F03EAB.jpeg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Update

So I moved from Maxxis Assegai / DHR II DD with Cushcore and have been running Kryptotal in DH spec F & R with no Cushcore for over a week.

The setup is c. 500g lighter.

Im not sure if it’s a placebo effect but it feels like it spins easier/quicker but the most noticeable feeling was the turn in. Much more responsive and felt like it can lean in easier than before. Really enjoying it and no punctures / rim dings on the rocks.

View attachment 129272
What tire pressure are you running?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've just fitted a new DHR2 to the rear of my KSL. As it's a DH carcass I haven't bothered with the Cushcore this time.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
i'v Rode my crestline as it came, so with tubes at 30 psi when i first got bike, then friday W cushcore 20 psi both at BPW, it's no faster or slower, i got a few pb's but sure thats me getting used to the bike, It feels more muted with The cushcore, Good or bad will be personal preference, I like going as fast as my skill set, Or as my nuts on the day will allow me..It definately helps ploughing through roots and rocky sections, so for me it suits my needs well, Not sure if it lost a little pop off the jumps, as i was playing with the suspension settings, I had the 27.5 on the levo howling round fast burms up black mountains at 20 psi, so upped to 35, but had no issue friday which seemed as fast on the 29's at 20 psi, i think this time of year low pressures help in mud and over wet roots, rocks. just need add few psi when its fast. i originally used them to protect a carfbon wheel, im alloy now.. They take me 3 or 4 minutes to fit, and iv never had any issues with tyres etc. My 3 penny's worth, hope it helps.

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
That’s about what I run most of the time. Great results. Side walls on rear weep so bad though but hey- sealant to the rescue 😂
I’m only 80kg and have had no issues riding aggressively. That may change now I will be putting weight on through more strength training now that riding is less frequent over the winter!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles