CUSHCORE PLUS INITIAL THOUGHTS

FelixCaleb

Jan 4, 2021
United States
I had the LBS install Cushcore Plus on my bike. I really didn’t need it for flat protection. I just wanted better small bump compliance. I felt I was bouncing off of rocks as I’m riding on rocky Arizona trails. I felt my forks were ‘stacking’ too much and making my ride feel harsh. My Trek has 40mm wide wheels in 27.5. My tires are 2.8 Team Issue XR4.

I had my LBS install the cushcore. They damaged my original rear tire during the installation and also damaged slightly the second tire and had to order a third tire. 2 weeks before it comes in but I am able to ride the second rear tire they installed.

On the trail ... I am running the stock 160mm Rockshox Yari RL with a cheap motion control damper. I think this is why I’m having ‘stacking’ issues. I thought about upgrading to the Charger 2 damper but felt the cushcore plus was a cheaper alternative.

Small bump compliance was noticeably better. I rode faster on very rocky terrain.

I’ll ride my wife’s identical Trek tomorrow on the same trails without cushcore plus installed anVidMated report difference in ride feel.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles