Cushcore cockup

jamied

Mar 14, 2018
UK
When installing new rims today I had a blonde moment and put the wrong valve into the rim. I’ve inflated the tire without any sealant to bed the tire in but now I can’t reflate the tire as the cushcore is blocking the hole in the valve 🤦‍♂️

Anyone have any ideas on how to deflate? I’ve tried all sorts but the tire pressure is probably about 30 psi so it’s preventing the cushcore from being dislodged.

unless anyone can come up with another idea my only option now is the leave it overnight and hope it’s not airtight and is flat in the morning.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Simply remove the valve core and pierce/dislodge the cushcore by pushing a pick through the valve.

jamied

Mar 14, 2018
UK
You will probably not want to do this ..puncture a hole in the tyre and then plug it ..

That had crossed my mind lol, I think that will be the last resort.

I mean, there is no sealant in the tire, I've cleaned all of the old dried slant off too. You'd think there must be a small air leak in it somewhere.

Ah, I just had a though, I'll try unscrewing the valve lock ring and pushing the valve into the wheel, maybe that create an air gap. I'll give that a try now...

jamied

Mar 14, 2018
UK
Can you remove the valve core and poke something through?

that may work too, I'll try that first, there isn't a valve core in there anyway, the only thing holding in the air is the seal on the cushcore.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles