anyone bought from Tredz ?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
wanted to get a bike from Berkshire Bikes but I need to get finance and they dont do it.
anyone bought an e-bike from Tredz? if so what were they like and did you have to use their customer service at all ?

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Bought mine from them. Can’t fault my experience. Process was easy and quick and service was great. Service and after care was faultless. I now buy all my “necessary” extras from them ???

Last edited:

STC

Aug 25, 2018
Derbyshire
Got my Merida from tredz , they were very good they price matched a deal I found on the net and gave me £80 worth of accessories . I would definitely buy from them again ?.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
No complaints about Tredz from me, quite the reverse!
Never bought a bike from them, but I've been using them for years!
Look out for their discount flashes that come on at first and write down the code, it changes regularly now.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
cheers all ! reason im asking is that you do read a lot of stuff about problems with the levo and varying experiences of after care in the event of any issues...
ta.

STC

Aug 25, 2018
Derbyshire
wanted to get a bike from Berkshire Bikes but I need to get finance and they dont do it.
anyone bought an e-bike from Tredz? if so what were they like and did you have to use their customer service at all ?
You could always open up a new 0 interest credit card and buy with that , pay off what you want when you want !

benhughes132

Jul 2, 2019
Scarborough
Ive Two bikes from Tredz, always been spot on with delivery and customer service and also price matching. Ive had a new battery on warranty but that was all sorted on here and switched over hassle free in the concept store in Harrogate.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
You could always open up a new 0 interest credit card and buy with that , pay off what you want when you want !

yes I tried that but despite have a very good credit rating and no debts im struggling to get one.. and when I was accepted I only got a 2.8k limit.. which means 2 cards and another credit check.
but its the best solution IMO

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Ive Two bikes from Tredz, always been spot on with delivery and customer service and also price matching. Ive had a new battery on warranty but that was all sorted on here and switched over hassle free in the concept store in Harrogate.

good to know! so you got support from specialized from another store?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Tredz are not specialized dealers, so any isses and your bike will have to be sent off from the tredz shop to wherever and you will probably will be without a bike for a month.
I do have a horror story, probably not what you want to hear, but i have seen a kenevo in my local specialized dealers that was bought from tredz. The bike looked like it had been built in a rush or by some unfamiliar with ebike building. The handle bars were not even centred and several parts had been put on wrong or backwards, cabling looked untidy. There had been some issues with tredz and a warranty claim. The bike had then been taken from tredz by the customer and taken to the authorized dealer,, who were going to be charging labour to get the bike working again. Specilized dealers do this when the bike is not bought direct from them. It all sounded like a lot of hassle on an initial small saving in cost on the purchase of the bike.
There are specialized dealers out there that wil do 0% finance but you will have to pay the full retail price for the bike.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Tredz are not specialized dealers, so any isses and your bike will have to be sent off from the tredz shop to wherever and you will probably will be without a bike for a month.
I do have a horror story, probably not what you want to hear, but i have seen a kenevo in my local specialized dealers that was bought from tredz. The bike looked like it had been built in a rush or by some unfamiliar with ebike building. The handle bars were not even centred and several parts had been put on wrong or backwards, cabling looked untidy. There had been some issues with tredz and a warranty claim. The bike had then been taken from tredz by the customer and taken to the authorized dealer,, who were going to be charging labour to get the bike working again. Specilized dealers do this when the bike is not bought direct from them. It all sounded like a lot of hassle on an initial small saving in cost on the purchase of the bike.
There are specialized dealers out there that wil do 0% finance but you will have to pay the full retail price for the bike.

Tredz are listed in the specialized website as dealers mate so thats news to me.

Keiran

Oct 31, 2019
South Wales
Highly recommend Don Skenes in Cardiff. They are a turbo Levo dealer and are very knowledgeable with the bikes. I had a new motor casing fitted, new rear linkage and a few other bits and the bike was ready to be collected that same day. I dont think youd get that with Tredz. They also do 0% finance. Might be worth asking if they have any 2019 Levo's left as you may get them a bit cheaper.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Highly recommend Don Skenes in Cardiff. They are a turbo Levo dealer and are very knowledgeable with the bikes. I had a new motor casing fitted, new rear linkage and a few other bits and the bike was ready to be collected that same day. I dont think youd get that with Tredz. They also do 0% finance. Might be worth asking if they have any 2019 Levo's left as you may get them a bit cheaper.

That's where i bought mine.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales

And yes they do have a selection of 2019 levos left in stock, taking up valuable shop floor space,, and along side the 2020 levos. I bought my 2019 leco one week before the new model and got an excellent deal consideing i now have a local 2 year warranty on motor and battery.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Tredz are listed in the specialized website as dealers mate so thats news to me.

Dont shoot the messenger...mate, im just telling you what you dont want to hear. Apologies.

You might find it difficult getting any money off the retail price if asking for finance, but you will be getting a properly built bike and a bricks and motor in house warranty.

Keiran

Oct 31, 2019
South Wales
And yes they do have a selection of 2019 levos left in stock, taking up valuable shop floor space,, and along side the 2020 levos. I bought my 2019 leco one week before the new model and got an excellent deal consideing i now have a local 2 year warranty on motor and battery.

Local warranty is proving invaluable for me, definitely glad I went Levo and not mail order like the YT.

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Others do finance , for example....
Rutland Cycles.

You can still use a local brand dealer , the warranty can be dealt with locally even if you didn’t by it from them.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Others do finance , for example....
Rutland Cycles.

You can still use a local brand dealer , the warranty can be dealt with locally even if you didn’t by it from them.

Dealers can turn their back on you if you did not buy it direct from them. Some may not, but they all will charge you for labour costs.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Dont shoot the messenger...mate, im just telling you what you dont want to hear. Apologies.

You might find it difficult getting any money off the retail price if asking for finance, but you will be getting a properly built bike and a bricks and motor in house warranty.

not shooting you down mate, thats how I found Tredz in the first place, straight off the Spesch site... that doesnt mean I dont believe you ;)

Keiran

Oct 31, 2019
South Wales
UPDATE:
Thanks for all the helpful replies folks but I got myself a CC with a large enough credit to buy outright so ill be going to either Don or Berkshire now.

Go to whichever is closer, will make getting it back there for any warranty work a lot easier. What model you got your eye on? I got a 19 Carbon Comp and cant fault it at all so far, awesome bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles