Scam Website: Anyone bought a bike from here before

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Just also to note that this is a scam, the photoshopped picture on the right is Sigma Sports in Kingston
Well spotted!

They seem to have put a reasonable amount of effort into this. I wonder how many hours they invested and what volume of money they need to rake in from victims for them to consider it a success.

Interestingly, many scams, especially the crappy email ones are deliberately crappy. The thinking is that the scammers don't want to waste their time on people who may later spot the scam. They only want people who are naive or inexperienced enough that they will make it all the way through to handing over money.

Shitty, but also pretty smart. If only the effort and creativity could be more positively invested.

Last edited:

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
I've got an junk email account and just signed up for their newsletter.
This what you get for signing up

Capture.JPG

Lets see if anything else follows

Bianchicapra

Jul 22, 2021
Valencia
This is the third time they have done this in the last 10years. The website is always very similar, just with different photos .

The company hosting their domain name has been asked to remove it as they are committing ID fraud.

The police will not investigate as no crime has been committed against the businesses they are copying.

A number of different companies are effected , to different degrees; from direct ID theft to copywrite theft of photos.

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
I messaged them and they sent me a quote. The Spectral is the 2020 spec with e8000 and 504w battery. Wouldn't commit to a delivery date. Guess I could offer to collect and pay on arrival?

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I messaged them and they sent me a quote. The Spectral is the 2020 spec with e8000 and 504w battery. Wouldn't commit to a delivery date. Guess I could offer to collect and pay on arrival?
Would be amusing. Make sure you take a camera and a body guard with you (unless, of course, you're a bit of a bruiser yourself :))

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles