Another Mission Control question

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I have both the old and new versions of MC on my phone and both seem to connect to my 2018 Kenevo. I’ve never bothered to change any settings as the default ones work fine for me but I do find the abrupt cut out at 25k irritating, especially in Turbo, so today I change the wheel circumference to 2400 using the old MC app. I’m not sure how much difference this will make - should be about 5% faster ie. 1 to 2 k faster which might help a bit. I am assuming that since I am using a Specialized app there is no question of invalidating guarantee. Is this right?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you've changed it to 2400, then it thinks the wheel is bigger.

So as far as MC is concerned, it thinks for each revolution you will have gone farther (equivalently faster) than you really have - so you will have cured the problem of the abrupt cut at 25kph, but now it will happen at about 22kph (in real terms).

If it makes you feel any better, I ran mine at 20kph for a few days in the interest of ecology .. but it was very very boring and hard work.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Ah ha! So I got this the wrong way round. I’ll change it to the minimum circumference. I’ve read that some can only connect with new MC by deleting the old one, (which Specialized tells you do - maybe to stop people changing the wheel circumference!) so I’m pleased that I’m still able to connect with the old one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles