Another boring tyre question .. Kenevo .. best for natural trails with endless wet rock and roots ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Looks perfect for me ..

As a relative newby and with no experience of riding anywhere else, I don't know what "normal/easy/hard" is. I was a bit perturbed by a very rocky fire road on my first ride.

Don't have a go pro, but I did find a youtube video a few months ago where someone had filmed the "easy" bottom bit of my "easy" track . I call it the easy track because it's easy to get to - 500m from the house and easy because it's familiar, I walk the dog up it most mornings but normally in the dark. So it was the first one I tried. The bottom bit where they filmed is where it's flattened out and it's the end so you can relax .. (which you should be doing anyway..)

One interesting thing was when I was late one morning and a guy was coming down, there's not a lot of room to the sides so we ran upto the next fire road just before he came down that section. The interesting thing, as I've never watched anyone before, was just how LOUD it was .. I genuinely thought someone was coming down on a kayak !

Will see if I can find it again .. it had some falls .. which made me feel better about my shite riding .. :)

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
@Zimmerframe - I just realized I forgot to show the exact line of your crash.

You lose control where marked - pinball off the knobby root, back across the trail where you body-slam the tree before bouncing back to use the rock like a billiard ball off a cush before exiting the trail ... stage right :ROFLMAO:
crash.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think you've got most of it correct .. though from my experience, I suspect I would loose the front where you've said things start, I'd catch that, display some abysmal control and somehow loose the rear which would swing around to the right. I'd have entered the section with way too much speed in the hope that momentum would carry me through the "evil". Instead the momentum would re-direct and fling me face first up the bank on the right of the photo and into the tree which has been carefully placed there. Due to the incline and the "rag doll" effect my body would be displaying at this point, I suspect I would then flip over backwards, Body slam into the tree you suggested .. and yes, you're spot on from there ..

I'm thinking if this was CathroVision, basically with that I'd have nailed the perfect line ??

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
the TRS E*thirteen tires are money on the wet roots.. super grippy. only 2.4 casing but its a true 2.4.. other then that magic mary or DHF in 3c compound.

Lukelw

Jul 12, 2019
Buckinghamshire
D5E501B5-6BE2-49EC-9295-E451261822AC.jpeg

I run specialized hillbilly black diamond casing tubeless best tyre I’ve ever ran. Grip is unreal on wet sloppy trails I ride Aston hill a lot which is pretty much all chalk and this tyre still manages to bite. The picture above is from last week in the wet and you can see how clean the tread has stayed on the tyre.

And they’re on sale atm £24 is a bargain Hillbilly GRID 2Bliss Ready | Specialized.com

Reactions: CjP

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
For wet i have found the best is a maxxis Ardent, not the knobiest tire, but just drop the pressure run a decent width and your gtg.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles