Kenevo Gen1 Annoying Creak on my Kenevo at the Cranks (motor mounts or cover, or...?)

whiterabbit

Aug 17, 2020
USA
I have a creak on my Kenevo. It started when I replaced the dropper post cable and had half the motor apart down there (because that's all I could get off, and it was enough to get the cable in).

Now it creaks. It's not the cranks themselves, I have that lubed up. It's not the motor mount bolts by themselves I pulled the 4 accessible ones and added anti-sieze.

I'd like to know if anyone else dealt with this, and knows exactly what can cause the creaking squeaking so I can take a targeted approach to the greasing. I do not like taking the motor area apart on this bike, I don't want to do it any more than absolutely needed to solve this.

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
Check the bolt on the nearside under the swingarm bolt, its hidden underneath the rear brake hose. Mine creaked like buggery until that was nipped up.

whiterabbit

Aug 17, 2020
USA
Solved, you nailed it!

All 5 of those bolts are important, but that one, definitely. The key for me was torque spec, torque spec, torque spec! Not German torque spec either. Spec gives a spec for a reason.

Still need to confirm on the trail, but in the shop, it's a done deal.

Motor mounts. All of them. All to the right torque spec. done.

Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles