Annoying creak solved on Kenevo

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I had an annoying creak coming from the crank area and I tried all the solutions I could find on this forum:loosened case bolts, silicone grease on the case, tighten cranks, check spider bolts - none of this worked. It creaked when I peddled hard and eventually I managed to reproduce the creak by pressing on right hand pedal when bike was stationary. I had a hunch in was something to do with the battery and took it off - creak gone! I thought that one could rotate the rubber bushing at the bottom to adjust the position of the battery but mine seems to be fixed in one position. I put a smear of silicone grease on the bushing and now the creak has gone. Might help someone else with same problem.

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
I had an annoying creak coming from the crank area and I tried all the solutions I could find on this forum:loosened case bolts, silicone grease on the case, tighten cranks, check spider bolts - none of this worked. It creaked when I peddled hard and eventually I managed to reproduce the creak by pressing on right hand pedal when bike was stationary. I had a hunch in was something to do with the battery and took it off - creak gone! I thought that one could rotate the rubber bushing at the bottom to adjust the position of the battery but mine seems to be fixed in one position. I put a smear of silicone grease on the bushing and now the creak has gone. Might help someone else with same problem.

Good to hear it!
Mine does this occasionally too, but can't reproduce it.. to try and find the noise.
Now I know where to look!
Thanks.
Tim

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Had a new motor fitted and creak came back, even going downhill. Battery out - another load of silicone grease on the rubber support at the bottom of the battery, and noise gone. Something must be flexing down there. Only applies to up to 2018 Levos and up to 2019 Kenevo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles