Analysis at 20,000 kms. in a Neuron ON

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Analysis at 20,000 kms. in a Neuron ON

Hello, after 36 months and 20,000 kms. , this is my analysis of the Neuron ON 5.0 that I released on 02/2020:

1)Transmission; In the Neuron ON 5.0 they should put cassette and XT string as standard.
At 1700 km the Shimano HG500 11-36 10v does not work fine, (when putting the third chain on the Pinion 11 stuck peeling pulls the paint) and you have to change for a better one, I put a Shimano XT CS-M771 10-speed cassette + the XT Chain CN-HG95 and the
Pinion change is now perfect.
It endures more than 3500 km and after 20,000 km, everything is still perfect.
2)Brakes; switch to Deore BRM6120 4-piston and SM-RT70 slx 203mm discs front and rear, necessary. Improves braking by 60% going down.
(3)Suspensions; They work very together, being easy to regulate.
It has a fairly smooth progressivity that adapts very well to a Trail type use.
4)Covers; switch to Specialized Eliminator Grid Gravity T7/T9 29" 29*2.6 without camera front and rear, 12000 km without puncture. The rear lasts more than 7000 km.
5) Components:
Crisp steering and when dismantled the bearings were changed and everything was solved.
The battery switch peeled off the plastic and I put 3M transparent sticker on it.
The base of the battery is changed due to breakage, the technical service sent me one under warranty.
6) Pivots Rear suspension; They perfectly rotate belaletes and joints. But (Change bearings two 6901 and four 6801 for SKF at 9000 km, due to premature wear of the two 6901).
The four F6801 bearings on the rear axle are fine.
The two igus 101210 changed them to 18000 km.,(they began to have slack).
7) Battery Health 78%, adjust assistance level Nm E/T/B 60/110/150, Km range E/T/B 80/60/40. (Only hills, trails and tracks with a maximum slope of 400 meters).
8) Using a clip between the Shimano snapring and the Shimano 34 chainring, avoids a small axial rotation of the chainring that causes the safety thread to loosen and the snapring to deform. (After claiming a new Shimano snapring several times, Canyon sent me one.)
9) At 18,000 km the Recon fork began to sound like an old mattress and I put a Yaris that improved significantly especially down and through boulders or large pebbles of the trails near the Guadiana River.

THE BEST:
Price
Easy handling and fairly high pedaling efficiency, with a very balanced behavior that does not give any problem.
Natural and noble dynamic behavior.
Lightness and agility.
TO IMPROVE
They should put cassette and XT chain as standard.
The only flaw of the Neuron ON 5.0 is the lack of compatibility with reservoir dampers.

CONCLUSION
The best TRAIL/ALL MOUNTAIN for price/quality on the market. For € 2800 that cost, now you can not find anything like it for less than € 3499 except in the "The trail sale".
They should keep in catalog a double suspension ebike for ~ 3,300 euros, which they currently do not have and the competition does. And improve the assortment in extension and depth of double suspension ebikes with aluminum frame, (they are more durable, economical and ecological than carbon).
They should also offer promotions to customers who have not bought a new bike for more than three years.
The after-sales and workshop service can be greatly improved.
Canyon could homologate or recommend workshops that provide after-sales service to their customers in each provincial capital, the maintenance I have to do in the Specialized store, which is the best in my City.
Since I tried to send it to Canyon Madrid and it took me 5 days to answer that, "I had to send it and wait 21 days to make a review" and that being under warranty, while here it took 1 hour, that is unacceptable for me.
They should improve the price and assortment of wear parts on their website.
Also manufacture some aluminum ebike, double suspension and less than 21 kg.

IMG_20230311_122611.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles