Alloy Rise Build - missing parts from factory assembly?

eddomak

Feb 4, 2022
Australia
I just received my H30 yesterday after a 7 month wait, and haven't ridden it on the trail yet as I am in the process of doing the basic upgrade to brakes etc.

I needed to drop the motor to replace the brake housing, and in doing so and following the Blue Paper and parts explosion diagrams I noticed that the bike seemed to be assembled from factory with a couple of things that didn't match spec:

1) The cone shaped bushing that go between the frame and the EP8 motor did not have any O-rings (Part 24.4) installed
2) There were not always washers between the bolt head and the frame for the EP motor screws (Part 24.5)
3) There were 2 washers between the chain guide mounts and the frame instead of 1 (minor issue)

1659535270271.png

Has anyone encountered this before? Should I be worried about items 1 & 2 ask for it to be fixed (or fix it myself)?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I just received my H30 yesterday after a 7 month wait, and haven't ridden it on the trail yet as I am in the process of doing the basic upgrade to brakes etc.

I needed to drop the motor to replace the brake housing, and in doing so and following the Blue Paper and parts explosion diagrams I noticed that the bike seemed to be assembled from factory with a couple of things that didn't match spec:

1) The cone shaped bushing that go between the frame and the EP8 motor did not have any O-rings (Part 24.4) installed
2) There were not always washers between the bolt head and the frame for the EP motor screws (Part 24.5)
3) There were 2 washers between the chain guide mounts and the frame instead of 1 (minor issue)

View attachment 93903

Has anyone encountered this before? Should I be worried about items 1 & 2 ask for it to be fixed (or fix it myself)?
24.4..........think they are washers not "o" rings and look to be embedded in a recess in 24.3
24.5.......... I see no need for washers if the frame is ally. The back of the bolt head should be smeared with grease to ensure torque can be accurately measured. Washers would be needed if the frame was carbon.

eddomak

Feb 4, 2022
Australia
Thanks for that. Out of shot is the description of the part and 24.4 is an "O-ring 10x1", and I was feeling around for it to see if it might be inset but couldn't find it. I suspect it is there to assist in some additional weather sealing, and potentially cushsioning the motor vibrations from the frame. I wouldn't be surprised if the assembly person left it out to make assembly easier - the tolerances were very precise when putting the motor back in and tit would keep knocking the edges of the bushings resulting in them falling into the cavity and the need to start again...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles