AllMtn 6&7 - Warning - Check your rear triangle bearing locations for cracked paint!

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Any updates on people’s bikes and what deletes have said about repairs or replacements?
Every bike I've seen with this issue resulted in a refund, a couple of owners managed to exchange the bike for something else in stock with the lbs. I've heard of 2 attempts to repair, both failed.

Pretty quiet on new frame issues reported tbh (Lack of new bikes or all the frames with issues have been found) - I've heard of 1 in the last month and that was refunded.

Hoffman6132

Sep 28, 2020
Hampshire
Did the repair co cock it up? - What happened bud.

Hard to know on alternative ebikes as they all have issues and parts are a nightmare to source for everyone. If it was me I'd100% go specialized next, not a fan usually as the pricing sucks, purely as I'm within reach of Berkshire cycles and they don't leave riders without a working bike.

The 'repair' could have been done by a 10 year old with a Dremel and some Araldite. All bearing housings (including those that were undamaged) were milled out manually and badly. They had the bike for many weeks and took it off the stand and rested it on the floor, causing loads of small scratches to the bottom of the frame. When they undid bolts to remove the rear triangle, they cracked paint off the frame, They failed to prebuild the bike properly (missing screws). They hid their damage. They have refused to put things right. I am currently taking them to court. Here are some photos of the repaired bike:

Damage done by e-bikeshop.co.uk when they removed the engine to get access to wiring to remove the rear triangle. This was initially hidden beneath grease.
1639565337014.png

This is the bearing that originally actually came loose in the frame making the bike unusable. This is the repaired bike!!!
1639565555558.png

This photo says it all:
1639568136009.png

Notice that in their inept attempt to mill out the carbon fibre, they manage to do loads of additional damage to the frame and the paintwork. When they did the work they clearly used a rough workshop bench, as there are loads of scratches and chips.

When this was rejected as unacceptable, e-bikeshop.co.uk's attitude is that the bike is functional and so what am I complaining about.

The Haibike warranty promises 5 years warranty for the frame. This issue is undoubtedly covered by that warranty. It promises to replace damaged parts with new ones. This attempt at a fix clearly falls well short of this. Unfortunately the damage is now to every element of the frame. A replacement bike or a full refund would be an appropriate solution.

I have had legal advice, and have no doubt that e-bikeshop.co.uk will lose this case. They may be more reasonable in future as a result. Obviously, I would never buy from them again, their attitude has been appalling.

I will publish much more in future including all the tactics they used to try to avoid doing the right thing, what spurious and incorrect legal arguments they used etc, and of course what happens with the case. This might help if others ever find themselves in a similar position.

If anyone has a bike with the same colour scheme, it might help me if you could take some matching photos of undamaged bearings so that I can create more photos like the one above. Please get in touch if you can help, and I will send you photos that I would like to get 'before' shots to help the court see the extent of the damage done. Thanks.

1639565693883.png

1639565757194.png

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
The 'repair' could have been done by a 10 year old with a Dremel and some Araldite. All bearing housings (including those that were undamaged) were milled out manually and badly. They had the bike for many weeks and took it off the stand and rested it on the floor, causing loads of small scratches to the bottom of the frame. When they undid bolts to remove the rear triangle, they cracked paint off the frame, They failed to prebuild the bike properly (missing screws). They hid their damage. They have refused to put things right. I am currently taking them to court. Here are some photos of the repaired bike:

Damage done by e-bikeshop.co.uk when they removed the engine to get access to wiring to remove the rear triangle. This was initially hidden beneath grease.
View attachment 78197

This is the bearing that originally actually came loose in the frame making the bike unusable. This is the repaired bike!!!
View attachment 78198

This photo says it all:
View attachment 78201
Notice that in their inept attempt to mill out the carbon fibre, they manage to do loads of additional damage to the frame and the paintwork. When they did the work they clearly used a rough workshop bench, as there are loads of scratches and chips.

When this was rejected as unacceptable, e-bikeshop.co.uk's attitude is that the bike is functional and so what am I complaining about.

The Haibike warranty promises 5 years warranty for the frame. This issue is undoubtedly covered by that warranty. It promises to replace damaged parts with new ones. This attempt at a fix clearly falls well short of this. Unfortunately the damage is now to every element of the frame. A replacement bike or a full refund would be an appropriate solution.

I have had legal advice, and have no doubt that e-bikeshop.co.uk will lose this case. They may be more reasonable in future as a result. Obviously, I would never buy from them again, their attitude has been appalling.

I will publish much more in future including all the tactics they used to try to avoid doing the right thing, what spurious and incorrect legal arguments they used etc, and of course what happens with the case. This might help if others ever find themselves in a similar position.

If anyone has a bike with the same colour scheme, it might help me if you could take some matching photos of undamaged bearings so that I can create more photos like the one above. Please get in touch if you can help, and I will send you photos that I would like to get 'before' shots to help the court see the extent of the damage done. Thanks.

View attachment 78199

View attachment 78200
That's an absolute disgrace!. You're in luck re. pictures etc, I just replaced my Pivot bearings at the weekend and filmed the process. I'll attach a link

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo

View attachment 78197

View attachment 78198

This photo says it all:
View attachment 78201

View attachment 78199

View attachment 78200
That does look really bad. I bought my bike from the same bikeshop and they have been very helpful so not sure whos atemped to fix your bike. I see there is a lot of issues with the frames could it of been a bad batch? Iv battered mine jacobs ladder, all the peaks and dales and not had issues with these cracks. I have lost a lot of carbon due to leg wear on bar though and only had the bike for 14 months.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
1639565337014.png

This makes no sense to me, its simple a matter of unscrewing it greasing it, how does it get in this state?

Hoffman6132

Sep 28, 2020
Hampshire

Hi, what I really need is shots taken of an undamaged bearing housing taken from exactly the same angle, so that I can produce a number of before and after photos, so that is it clear that the 'after' photo displays the serious damage done. The judge will not have time to interpret things, it needs to be presented in a manner that very easily demonstrates a clear breach of a duty of care, and a failure to honour the warranty promised (breach of contract).

It would be helpful to show: Perfect condition > Warranty Failure (my current before photo) > 'Repaired' photos. I only need about 6 photos to help me:

I would like this with no cracking to show what it should look like
1639573486390.png

And these bearings had no issues, but now look poor. Pictures of what they originally looked like (identical picture composition is best) would be helpful.

1639577942758.png

1639577975425.png

Many thanks.

Hoffman6132

Sep 28, 2020
Hampshire
That does look really bad. I bought my bike from the same bikeshop and they have been very helpful so not sure whos atemped to fix your bike. I see there is a lot of issues with the frames could it of been a bad batch? Iv battered mine jacobs ladder, all the peaks and dales and not had issues with these cracks. I have lost a lot of carbon due to leg wear on bar though and only had the bike for 14 months.

Does it matter who in particular did the work? It was managed and organised by e-bikeshop.co.uk, in consultation with Raleigh UK. They are responsible for delivering the warranty repair, and after the disastrous failure, making it right. They have refused to engage in a realistic manner (they offered £200 for a paint job).

If the issues are related to a particular batch, then the Haibike response should be even more sympathetic, and they should support their dealers to deliver a fix.

It is all very frustrating. I bought a very expensive bike that failed due to manufacturers defect, and then has been ruined with a botched repair. The dealer e-bikeshop.co.uk were initially helpful, but once things went wrong have treated a customer with contempt. They have failed to do the right thing.

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Hi, what I really need is shots taken of an undamaged bearing housing taken from exactly the same angle, so that I can produce a number of before and after photos, so that is it clear that the 'after' photo displays the serious damage done. The judge will not have time to interpret things, it needs to be presented in a manner that very easily demonstrates a clear breach of a duty of care, and a failure to honour the warranty promised (breach of contract).

It would be helpful to show: Perfect condition > Warranty Failure (my current before photo) > 'Repaired' photos. I only need about 6 photos to help me:

I would like this with no cracking to show what it should look like
View attachment 78207

And these bearings had no issues, but now look poor. Pictures of what they originally looked like (identical picture composition is best) would be helpful.

View attachment 78210

View attachment 78211

Many thanks.
I'll try and get you photo of the rear linkage over the next day or so. The pic above is standard fella, the shims are on display in that area of the bike - it's the 4 horst link ones that they sprayed over. I'd remove those 4 pivot bolts and take a peek on the insides If I were you, judging by the edges on the pics of the earlier post they look like they'll be trashed too

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Showing the bike in perfect condition is pointless. Mtbs get scratched, bashed, moving parts rub and wear things down. You cannot expect the vast majority of these joints, bearings and hinges to look like new or perfect as you put it that's totally unrealistic. judge will laugh at you. I have paint chips and cracks from rocks and stones, and unless you check your bike after each ride you will miss them.

Cracked paint around some joints does not compromise the frames integrity, just the looks. I am in no way justifying what's been done (if your telling the truth and didn't do some of this your self) but you would be better to show a used bike instead of perfect condition.

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Cheers :) I'll be doing a few more vids soon - Abus Battery Lock servicing / Headset Bearings / Bike Torque settings / cleaning out the XLC dropper / Extending chain life etc.

For the ones replaced on the vids - 6901 x 4 and 6902 x 2. - For the full set on this bike 6902 *2, 6901 x 6, 6900 x 2 - Would check the headset bearings if you haven't already - The stupid cable inlet design literally destroys the lower one on a monthly basis for me

The driveside 6901's were shagged after 300 tame miles, but I regreased them 3 times before replacing - total miles traveled at that point was about 1500 miles - That was all on the original chain btw :)

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Cracked paint around some joints does not compromise the frames integrity, just the looks.

You're right. Consider a steel bearing and the aluminum insert being held rigidly by the bolts. The carbon fiber and resin flex at a rate different than the metals. The paint flexes at a different rate, as well, and is very brittle. The result is that the thin layer of paint cracks at the boundary area. I haven't seen the Haibike that broke catastrophically, but chipped paint wouldn't make me stop riding my bike.

rallyfan1986

Jan 25, 2021
Aberdeenshire
Cheers :) I'll be doing a few more vids soon - Abus Battery Lock servicing / Headset Bearings / Bike Torque settings / cleaning out the XLC dropper / Extending chain life etc.

For the ones replaced on the vids - 6901 x 4 and 6902 x 2. - For the full set on this bike 6902 *2, 6901 x 6, 6900 x 2 - Would check the headset bearings if you haven't already - The stupid cable inlet design literally destroys the lower one on a monthly basis for me

The driveside 6901's were shagged after 300 tame miles, but I regreased them 3 times before replacing - total miles traveled at that point was about 1500 miles - That was all on the original chain btw :)
Thanks again, and always useful to watch a video before attempting the job.

My headset has actually been fine, although I do store the bike vertically on its back wheel so maybe that allows the water to drain away

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo

Ypur idea of a video on torque settings would be great.

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
And it looks like I'm finally joining the gang. I noticed a mild circle starting to appear on the upper drive side Friday morning. Ill be taking photos of the location after every ride to see how it progresses from now on. Very mild atm, but we all know where its gonna emd up 😤

Marcosferr

Nov 24, 2021
Spain
Saludos :) , pronto haré algunos videos más: servicio de Abus Battery Lock / Cojinetes de auriculares / Configuración de torque de bicicleta / Limpieza del cuentagotas XLC / Extensión de la vida útil de la cadena, etc.

Para los reemplazados en los videos: 6901 x 4 y 6902 x 2. - Para el conjunto completo de esta bicicleta 6902 * 2, 6901 x 6, 6900 x 2 - Verificaría los rodamientos de la dirección si aún no lo ha hecho - El estúpido el diseño de la entrada del cable literalmente destruye el inferior mensualmente para mí

Los 6901 del lado de la transmisión se dañaron después de 300 millas dóciles, pero los volví a engrasar 3 veces antes de reemplazarlos. El total de millas recorridas en ese punto fue de aproximadamente 1500 millas. Eso fue todo en la cadena original, por cierto.:)
[/CITA]

gracias por tu aporte, es de los pocos videos que hay para cambiar los rodamientos de pivote. ¿Podría ayudarme a saber qué herramientas usó de Bearingprotools? gracias

Jimtheboss

Jun 16, 2022
Cornwall
Hi everyone, afraid to say my Allmtn 6 2021 has a hairline crack around the main pivot point on the chain stay on the non drive side. Currently have a warranty claim in with Raleigh/Haibike via the LBS I brought it from. Pic attached shows the hairline crack around the pivot point, doesn't look much but LBS advised not to ride it, which I wouldn't want to just in case. The bikes been well maintained and not abused, regularly check the pivots with a torque wrench although there's not much to check on this pivot as the bolt is locked in place with a grub screw. Fingers crossed I hear something from Raleigh/Haibike soon.

Haibike Allmtn 6 chainstain pivot crack 1.jpg

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Hi everyone, afraid to say my Allmtn 6 2021 has a hairline crack around the main pivot point on the chain stay on the non drive side. Currently have a warranty claim in with Raleigh/Haibike via the LBS I brought it from. Pic attached shows the hairline crack around the pivot point, doesn't look much but LBS advised not to ride it, which I wouldn't want to just in case. The bikes been well maintained and not abused, regularly check the pivots with a torque wrench although there's not much to check on this pivot as the bolt is locked in place with a grub screw. Fingers crossed I hear something from Raleigh/Haibike soon.

View attachment 90334
Ug sorry to hear that - I've seen a few more over the last couple of weeks. Assume you'll be getting a refund, although I have recently seen a few replacement carbon rear parts get supplied for other owners with these issues, so that could be promising news

Jimtheboss

Jun 16, 2022
Cornwall
Ug sorry to hear that - I've seen a few more over the last couple of weeks. Assume you'll be getting a refund, although I have recently seen a few replacement carbon rear parts get supplied for other owners with these issues, so that could be promising news

Not sure what's going to happen yet, the LBS I bought it from have been very helpful so far and quick to lodge the warranty claim, they say its the first one they have seen and sold a fair few of the Allmtn 6 and 7's. I have pointed them towards this thread to suggest there are a few others. I hadn't really thought about a refund, I really do like the bike, done over 1000 miles on it and apart from this its been fine, only normal wear and tear/maintenance. That is reassuring that there maybe spare frame parts around now, hopefully I will hear something soon.

Nick_V

Oct 9, 2020
UK
Looks like I am joining the club also with my Allmnt6. I have only just had it back for 1 month after it was away for 4 months for a motor replacement. Only found out as decided to check as had read this thread. have just contacted the bike shop, lets see what happens. 19 months of ownership and its already been 5 months out of action

1E15B948-A56B-4E21-9A39-5BBE3D370364.jpeg

Jimtheboss

Jun 16, 2022
Cornwall
Looks like I am joining the club also with my Allmnt6. I have only just had it back for 1 month after it was away for 4 months for a motor replacement. Only found out as decided to check as had read this thread. have just contacted the bike shop, lets see what happens. 19 months of ownership and its already been 5 months out of action

View attachment 90511
Oh no, I feel for you my friend. Hope you get a quick response. Would be interested to find out what your outcome is and if there are spares available and whether they have been improved manufacturing of the pivot points so this shouldn't happen again. I will be onto my LBS soon for an update on mine.

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey

View attachment 90511

Sorry to hear that fella, but glad you found the link I started. Tbh I really didn't expect this issue to have gone on so long without seeing a solution in place or an actual response or recall by now. Over the last month or so, I have seen a couple of cases where replacement parts have been supplied or ordered which is really promising, but they do take a while. The most recent was told 3ish months for a colour matched replacement. He didnt want to wait so went for a part in black. Another owner is waiting for a replacement part, which is not under warranty as the lbs noticed seized bearings, so technically failure to maintain. PS don't be pulled in by shops saying they've never seen this before, every dealer is aware unless theyve been living on the moon for a year, so make sure you keep the pressure on requesting updates (Suggest emails over phone calls, get a case ref so you can follow up direct if needed). I hope you both get a good outcome, the bike is great apart from this problem. Guess we'll only know if theyve fixed the resin issue if none of the 22 cf6 & cf12s suffer from this

Hoffman6132

Sep 28, 2020
Hampshire

View attachment 78197

View attachment 78198

This photo says it all:
View attachment 78201

View attachment 78199

View attachment 78200

Well the e-bikeshop.co.uk never admitted fault and kept arguing that the bike was 'functional' and therefore fine. They argued that the consumer rights act meant that I had no rights to a full refund after 6 months. They argued that their T&C meant that they could ignore the promises of 5 years warranty that their web site promises etc. They behaved in a thoroughly disreputable manner and I would urge any buyers of bikes to seek a local supplier rather than buy online.

I had to take them to court to get satisfaction. They lost.

I bough the bike through a company so the consumer rights act did not apply in any case. I got a fair settlement and they had to cover that and all the costs.

All of their arguments were rejected. If anyone else has to take this kind of action then I would be happy to share more on my experience. You have to invest quite a bit of effort (and initially money), so you really need to feel strongly that you are not prepared to be treated unfairly, and that you have a strong case. I was always confident that I would win.

The Warranty promise: For these issues: They should replace your entire rear triangle with a brand new one, at no cost to you.
...and of course, the work should cause no damage to your bike. This is the minimum they should do. Do not accept anything less.

Nick_V

Oct 9, 2020
UK
Well the e-bikeshop.co.uk never admitted fault and kept arguing that the bike was 'functional' and therefore fine. They argued that the consumer rights act meant that I had no rights to a full refund after 6 months. They argued that their T&C meant that they could ignore the promises of 5 years warranty that their web site promises etc. They behaved in a thoroughly disreputable manner and I would urge any buyers of bikes to seek a local supplier rather than buy online.

I had to take them to court to get satisfaction. They lost.

I bough the bike through a company so the consumer rights act did not apply in any case. I got a fair settlement and they had to cover that and all the costs.

All of their arguments were rejected. If anyone else has to take this kind of action then I would be happy to share more on my experience. You have to invest quite a bit of effort (and initially money), so you really need to feel strongly that you are not prepared to be treated unfairly, and that you have a strong case. I was always confident that I would win.

The Warranty promise: For these issues: They should replace your entire rear triangle with a brand new one, at no cost to you.
...and of course, the work should cause no damage to your bike. This is the minimum they should do. Do not accept anything less.
Great Advice, glad you got there in the end, but a journey you should not have to take. Hopefully I get a good outcome but may take you up on your offer of info at a later date if the retailer starts to play silly buggers. I really don’t understand the concept of “Its Functional”. We buy these bikes not only for spec, performance etc but also for the Looks. The recent reports of Haibike replacing the rear triangles with different colour ones also grates on me. Could you imagine taking a car in for warranty and having a different door colour being fitted. The bike industry needs to get it’s act in order, they cannot treat customers in this way

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles