AAAARRRRGGGHHH! Lost my rear battery today!

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Out trail riding with my E-Cells 2 wheel drive, 2 battery E-MTB today and when I returned to my car to put the bike on the rack I noticed the rear battery that fits under the rack was MISSING! I must not have checked to see if it was secured. :confused:
I rode back over my route and could not find it. It was getting dark and I had to leave. I'll be out tomorrow looking for it and posting a "Lost Battery" notice at the trailhead parking lot with a $100. reward. Hey it's only $600. for that Samsung battery...
I kind of think someone else may have found it and just kept it.

Last edited:

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Nope, not on the road. But it was on the trail somewhere, When I retraced my ride it appears somebody picked it up. I left a sign at the trailhead with my phone number and a USD $50. reward but given the price of those units I doubt if I'll ever see it again. I ordered a new one. Now I'm engraving my name and number on the underside of my batteries and filling the engraving with white paint so it san't be missed - on the odd chance this could happen again and the even odder chance that an honest person would happen upon another missing battery. Missing battery?? How there'll did it happen in the first place?
As the hillbilly ditty goes:
"Gloom, despair and agony on me,
deep dark depression, excessive misery.
If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.
Gloom, despair and agony on me!" 🥵

I leave you on that cheery note.

sam.spoons

Sep 8, 2022
M11MM
There are more honest people in this world than dishonest IME. Hope it finds its way back to you. Putting your name and mobile number on anything that might get lost is a great idea but also bear in mind stuff ejecting from a moving bike or car can bounce a surprising distance. A couple of years ago I lost a sailing compass that I had left on the car roof, I went back but couldn't find it. It was discovered in a front garden 50 metres from the roadside under some bushes a couple of weeks later and, with my name and number on it the homeowner was able to contact me.

Litehiker

Nov 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
I'm wondering how the very specific fit and hookup would work on a non-E-CELLS E-MTB, saying someone did keep the battery.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
The reward offer probably needs to be close to the average price of a used battery on ebay.
I'd like to imagine most people that can't use the battery themselves would be likely to hand it in even for a small reward.

if a forest fire breaks out on his trail we can probably assume no one found the battery though :D

sam.spoons

Sep 8, 2022
M11MM
I'd go further and say that many people, even those who could use the battery, would return it if possible and do so even without the promise of a reward.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles