A summary of why mtbs are (still) so much nicer to ride than Emtbs

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Great video. Been looking forward to seeing Josh riding more emtb. He's is still way nicer to watch riding a regular bike though. In exactly the same way Bryn is.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
They look like they have triple crowns - the only bike I know is the 2020 Kenevo?

Cannondale Moterra SE ?

12D9C4A5-64F4-4FB6-81D8-73FE03E2A02E.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet

Decent road bikes are lush

If Chris wasn't so insecure and had worn lycra he'd have won.
or even just had a clue about holding a decent aero position.

Last edited:

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Trolling? Really? Trolling who exactly?

I ride emtb and mtb and road and bmx.. They're all fun. But they're also all very different.

Youre a one hypocrite mofo ... chasing me for say integrated battery’s and 29ers on ebikes are a shit and the dude here saying ebikes kinda sucks :ROFLMAO:;)

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Hypocritical about what exactly?

Im not serious so chill, but is ironic your claims against my just say no 29ers and integrated battery’s and here you saying normal ebikes are much nicer than ebikes (wich is obviosly true) ... but I’m trying to keep ebikes as close as normal bikes as possible with those “just say no facts” and you defend the more weight the dammed 29ers etc etc they add to ebike wich need to go light and nimble as possible.

I don’t wanna star all over again just take the answer as an isolated explanation of what you ask not the whole debate

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Nowhere in your retarded "say no to 29ers" thread did I defend "more weight" or "29ers"
I ride one of the lightest most agile/playful 170mm travel 27.5 Emtbs on this forum
You're simply too blinkered to have even noticed.

You still rockin' the Multipla?

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Nowhere in your retarded "say no to 29ers" thread did I defend "more weight" or "29ers"
I ride one of the lightest most agile/playful 170mm travel 27.5 Emtbs on this forum
You're simply too blinkered to have even noticed.

You still rockin' the Multipla?

No I’m not blinkered I’m not english native speaker, that’s all, probably I miss a lot.

im ride the multipla still, is a crappy bike I only look for a budget ebike to test the motor and the extra weight and all that and see if I like it.

The next is going to be a lot better, probably a Spectral (I’ll rid the 29er front as soon i can of course)

what a grumpy men you are enjoy life dude!

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
If the ebike had been ‘Fully’ derestricted and not limited to 30mph the result would have been different.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
what a grumpy men you are enjoy life dude!

In Gary's defence .. He did post at 5am, from Scotland .. where it's cold and dark and a Monday morning - who wouldn't be grumpy.

I did also read on the imnotfeckingrumpy.com forum last week from Harry (Posh Gary) and Barry (Karaoke Gary) , who I believe are two of Gary's virtual alterego's, that for 2020 they planned to not only be "even better looking" but would "attempt to outwardly appear less grumpy".

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I like his helmet, do you think it will become cool to wear our helmets backwards ?

I was too slow with the camera (laughing too hard). One of the silly old farts in our Friday Coffee Runs did exactly that a couple of weeks ago - and didn't even notice! :rolleyes:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No I’m not blinkered
No. you are. Massively. Unfortunately you're not ONLY blinkered. You're also massively opinionated but clearly quite inexperienced . A big blinkered opinion with no real experience is rarely valid. Even less so if you're struggling to communicate your views in an unfamiliar language. I'd feel sorry for you if it weren't for your blind stubornness and unwillingness to listen/learn.

BTW... The Spectral:ON will work well with a 27.5 front wheel if you increase the fork travel to 170mm with a new airshaft. Just don't make the mistake of running too much sag or you'll lose that pop/playfulness you seem to think you know lots about. And don't size up. Especially if you're a short arse. ;)
Oh... and for max playfulness/jibbing performance you'll also need to change out the stupid rear plus tyre to a faster rolling smaller volume alternative and run higher pressure to achieve support

G

#HelpfulnotGrumpy

Last edited:

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
No. you are. Massively. Unfortunately you're not ONLY blinkered. You're also massively opinionated but clearly quite inexperienced . A big blinkered opinion with no real experience is rarely valid. Even less so if you're struggling to communicate your views in an unfamiliar language. I'd feel sorry for you if it weren't for your blind stubornness and unwillingness to listen/learn.

BTW... The Spectral:ON will work well with a 27.5 front wheel if you increase the fork travel to 170mm with a new airshaft. Just don't make the mistake of running too much sag or you'll lose that pop/playfulness you seem to think you know lots about. And don't size up. Especially if you're a short arse. ;)
Oh... and for max playfulness/jibbing performance you'll also need to change out the stupid rear plus tyre to a faster rolling smaller volume alternative and run higher pressure to achieve support

G

#HelpfulnotGrumpy

You see Gary? By switching to a 27.5 tire and 27.5 fork you can get 170mm or 180mm and jump two gens until the Spectral ON 3 somewhere 2024 came with stock 170mm and slacker angle

just say no to the f 29ers I told you men, just say no ...

MassDeduction

Dec 1, 2019
Victoria, BC
[...]So in conclusion old school bikes are more fun, unless you need to ride up!

There's one exception to this: descents that aren't pure descents. There's a trail network on Maple Mountain on Vancouver Island, BC. Maple Mountain's descents have a lot of uphill sections in them as well, so much so that it's common for riders to pause for breath periodically during the *descents*. The guys recently took some E-MTBs down Maple Mountain, and it turned it from something that the group would pause periodically, to a non-stop descent. So that particular set of trails is tailor made for E-MTBs both, up and down.

Not all mountains are like that by any means, so your mileage may vary.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
That's not an exception! It's simply another example of a situation where there's uphill.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles