Levo Gen 2 A question to Specialized Rider Care

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
@Specialized Rider Care

Hi
Specialized Rider Care
I've got a question to you.

In fact that your company has no touch up pencils to sale is it possible for you to give us the colorcodes?

I don't think there is sombody sitting around at yours an mixing all colors individually by hand with no recipe.

I know that most of them not RAL but i think it is PMS or something else.

In my case i need the code for stromgrey.

Hopefully you have a spreadsheet for us, so it can be pinned for all colors and helps us all.

That would be customerfriendly instead of telling us to go to a paintshop with the bike and pay them for using a spectrometer and let them mix 10 ml
???

Last edited:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Nice try.
But it doesn't cover all colors including mine if i'm not blind.
well it took approximately half a second of google search and I found many more.. they didnt have my colour but I did find somewhere that did have it.. the touch up paints are out there already pal

57 Reaction

May 27, 2019
United Kingdom
well it took approximately half a second of google search and I found many more.. they didnt have my colour but I did find somewhere that did have it.. the touch up paints are out there already pal
I got Rocket Red from Specialized........it's not even close to the original, in fact more orange than red.

Come on Spesh how hard can it be ?

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Looks like specialized came out with two colours called Spruce! What they show there is way darker than last year's comp (and the 22 S-Works, if I'm not mistaken)

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I got Rocket Red from Specialized........it's not even close to the original, in fact more orange than red.

Come on Spesh how hard can it be ?
not defending them here but I can understand how.
ive had 2 rocket red levos, one was carbon and one was ally.
they look, depending on lighting conditions, completely different colours.
the carbon looked orange and the ally looked red.

carbon
IMG_0826.JPG

ally

IMG_1953.JPG

and then, just to throw a spanner in the works, the same carbon bike again
IMG_0828.JPG

I've done a fair bit of painting in my time and my experience is that the base colour can make that difference but I have no idea if they base colour them or not..
for the chips on my bike I have red stopper to use first, not done it yet so ill see what happens when I do

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany

So, you much better in web surfing.
I did it for many times and ended ever with no succes when i went deeper in the search results.

Here wrote someone that he bought stormgrey at the shop you linked to:

Specialized UK Touch-up paint - EMTB Forums

And that is the answer of the shop:
Screenshot_20210629-151323_Samsung Internet.jpg

So if you step in the thread for the manufacturer
it would be clever to know what you are talking about otherwise it is much more clever to keep quite ?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
So you much better in web surfing.
I did it for many times and ended ever with no succes.

Here wrote someone that he bought stormgrey at the shop you linked to:

Specialized UK Touch-up paint - EMTB Forums

And that is the answer of the shop:
View attachment 65534

So if you step in the thread for the manufacturer
it would be clever to know what you are talking about otherwise it is much more clever to keep quite ?

cool story bro, good luck.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
What he means is, unless you tag someone, they're not notified. So unless they read all the threads, they won't see it.

You need to type "@" then start typing the name like DUK - then a dropdown appears with suggestions and you select it. The person is notified and you see them highlighted in the post like : @Duke

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
What he means is, unless you tag someone, they're not notified. So unless they read all the threads, they won't see it.

You need to type "@" then start typing the name like DUK - then a dropdown appears with suggestions and you select it. The person is notified and you see them highlighted in the post like : @Duke
alternatively you can type the name 5 times in mirrored text and specialized rider care arrives with a fully charged battery !

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
@Specialized Rider Care

Hi
Specialized Rider Care
I've got a question to you.

In fact that your company has no touch up pencils to sale is it possible for you to give us the colorcodes?

I don't think there is sombody sitting around at yours an mixing all colors individually by hand with no recipe.

I know that most of them not RAL but i think it is PMS or something else.

In my case i need the code for stromgrey.

Hopefully you have a spreadsheet for us, so it can be pinned for all colors and helps us all.

That would be customerfriendly instead of telling us to go to a paintshop with the bike and pay them for using a spectrometer and let them mix 10 ml
???
At some point someone on these forums posted this nailpolish that turned out to be a 99% match to storm grey on my 2020 Levo. Hope this helps!

It actually looks better in real life than this photo: IMG_3979.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Couldn't find that one in Europe, but amazon have several multi sets - Lots of you might already have them .......

Some of these looked similar for example :

Screenshot 2021-07-03 07.49.10.png

Just ordered that set to try.

Tim22

Jan 15, 2020
Boise, Id
I posted abut the OPI nail polish. Kohl's in the states has it but the wife says its a fairly common product at cosmetics counters. And yes, it's a dead ringer for storm grey.

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I asked the same questions of Specialized Australia back in Dec.'19, requesting paint codes and/or touch up paints for my Rocket-Red/Storm-Grey 2019 Levo. Their response was:

"Specialized doesn't have paints or paint codes available outside of the factories where our products are produced. This is due to many factors, including freight costs and laws, demand, and, most importantly, counterfeit protection. We successfully intervene in thousands of sales of counterfeit "Specialized" product each year, and one of the best ways for us to tell when a product is counterfeit is by matching the paint to that used on legitimate products."

They then suggested I try hobby store model paints or nail polish (as noted in posts above). I eventually did this with moderately satisfactory results.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles